Hard to become fully sober

I’m trying my best feels like two steps fwd and 10 backwards

7 Likes

You CAN do this :muscle:

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Ciera. You’ve come to the right place to get some support! Starting out on getting sober can be really hard, but you don’t have to do it alone. The most important thing is to keep trying - as long as you have a desire to get sober and don’t give up you have a chance.

If you’re comfortable, you could share a bit more about what you’re getting sober from, what you’ve tried so far and what is making it difficult.

2 Likes

Hey, that still leaves you with a positive movement overall! Recovery is not streamlined. Take it easy. One day at a time. Here are some tips and links. All the best!

Resources for our recovery

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

1 Like

It is a process :innocent: The old expression “if you walked a mile into the forest you gotta walk a mile out” applies :innocent:

The good news is you have lots of support and if you take it one day at a time, you will get there.

Stick around here on Talking Sober - it’s nice to stay connected. Check in when you can - Checking in daily to maintain focus #47 - and browse around the other threads too, to find ones you like.

Have you joined a group? There are groups online, Online meeting resources, and many people find groups helpful. You can find in person ones too: search “recovery groups near me” and you’ll find some.

Welcome to Talking Sober! :wave:t2:

1 Like

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Welcome to the community its great to have you with us.