Hello Newbie Here

Hi a newbie here. Not sure how to participate I read the rules but any advise would be appreciated

7 Likes

Welcome, read a lot, participate in threads that speak to you, ask for help when you need it, be respectful!

The more you use this place, the easier it is to navigate it!

1 Like

Hey Lemon! Welcome, it’s lovely to meet you :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Thank you . . Just learning how to us this . .

Hi and welcome!

This might be a good place for you to start :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome Yvonne
Congratulations on your first week and finding this app. Surf around and find some topics you like. Join in when you willing or comfortable. And if you need help just ask.

I find this topic or thread very handy just to check in

And I like the gratitude thread a lot.

https://talkingsober.com/t/daily-gratitude-list/77723/1960

Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Hi . Just learning how to use this. Thank you. I had to reset today a d Im hurting inside. It does get better correct?

1 Like

I have been trying to stay sober from drinking and gambling and have not done well. (ON AND OFF FOR 30 YEARS!) I feel like I have two people inside. One that’s sweet and caring,. A hard worker and a good person. Then when I get weak, lonely and depressed I can convince myself I can have one wine and have a little fun . . 5 wines later and $500. Out the window . I wake up in my bed sick and realizing I did it again. 3 weeks sober . .one day lapse, 2 weeks sober 1 day lapse . 3 month sober I day lapse . each time worrying its never going to end until Im dead. Depression takes over and I feel defeated. Any one feel the same? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Welcome. We are all newbies at some point. Some of us may have been a few times . The biggest advice I was given is to be true to yourself and reach out. Those were huge barriers for me because I sank into wanting to be alone when I drank and I did not trust anyone. It all.comes with time. I feel we have been given another chance at life. Very glad you’re here.

1 Like

Nice to see you here, @Lemon! Just read around and join in any discussion you want to. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like