How many xanax bars to OD

Hi Jett, im sorry to hear you are in pain. You need to find some support. You sound like the rugged individual type, but even the strongest of us need help now and again, we are social creatures. The fact you posted here tells me you know this too. I understand the healthcare system in Australia is pretty good, is there a mental health facility you can refer yourself to? Taking any xanax at all is a bad idea, it doesnt solve the problem and may just make your mental health worse in the long run. (I thought it was banned in Australia?). I hope youre doing okay Jett, keep us updated and stay strong.

3 Likes

How are you doing @Jett :thinking:

2 Likes

Hi Jai, i would like to send you some love and hugs and tell you that you matter to me and im sure many others, theres no judgement here we have all had our challenges and understand…im sorry youve had some horrible stuff to deal with, we are all here for you :heart: :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Could be better i guess. What about you?

Hey thankyou it means alot!

1 Like

Sometimes a bit of genuine compassion from another human goes a long way i know it did for me…i got hospitalised once through drinking…at the time i was so low and full of self loathing that i thought i wasnt worth any kind of kindness…the ambulance driver that held my hand and told me its gonna be ok…the nurse that hugged me as i cried when she didnt have to, my friends that rallied in the days after all showed me i was very wrong in that thought, thats what pulled me out of my addiction…compassion. Nothing in this world is so bad that it cant be sorted out :heart:

4 Likes

I’m okay mate but what’s going on with you, were you asking because you wanted to overdose or because you were worried you were going to? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:

1 Like

I dont have many friends…kinda lost most of them to drugs and them fucking me over

Private message me if you want man, id probably tell you there

1 Like

You have all of us here now friend

1 Like

Internet friends are alot different to friends you see face to face

1 Like

Good to see you’re still here.
Fellow Aussie here :raised_hands:
Where abouts are you from?

2 Likes

Ok, well we are here if you need to talk, ive found some of my internet friends here to be some of the best friends i have…because they understand addiction, i wouldnt be sober without them…sure they are on the internet but that doesnt make them any less real, dont underestimate the help you can get on here

6 Likes

Hey @Jett good to see sticking this out and talking about it.

Life is filled with many ups and downs, good and bad. In my experience when I felt down and out, it was because I allowed it to do that to me. I struggled to get out of the disappointment, disapproval, darkness, shame, guilt, etc.

When I realized I was choosing to stay in these moments, I focused on areas that caused me to remain there. This was really hard work and took some time, but after I did that work, which included removing myself from negative people and environments, it got so much easier to see the positives and move forward. I share this because my struggle also included someone whom I believed I loved and couldn’t live without, but in turn they were what was making it so difficult for me to open my eyes to the side of things that were good and healthy for me.

The choice is ours and ours alone, and I hope you know that you do have this within you to not only survive but to flourish and enjoy life. We can’t truly give our all and love to someone else unless we are whole and full of love for ourselves.

All the best to you!

1 Like

Hey there BJM im from Adelaide

Ahhh Radalaide!
I lived over there for a couple of years in Glenelg and worked at a restaurant in Holdfast Shores.
I’m back in Perth now.
Have you tried any NA/AA meeting over there?

1 Like

No i havent. Im to scared haha

1 Like

Try them brother, even arm online one🙏

2 Likes

ah that’s good news so there’s a whole WORLD of a resource untapped and at your disposal.

man, so many of us have been where you were when you sent out that post. I wanted to be dead for years. :frowning: or just not experience the despair I was in then.

things CAN CHANGE. you CAN CHANGE. let this bunch of recovering fuckups w a new zest for life be proof of that to you! get some hope from that, just enough to make it to a meeting. and start changing. it’s time my friend.

start by participating on here regularly. there are many active threads and checking in on your own thread here will provide community and contact - addiction and depression thrive in isolation.

then get some other resources going, NA or AA should be top of the list but if you find anther combination of things more helpful and working for you, all the power to you. I have been in psychotherapy for over 4 years and never did AA, so there is not that one way.
Resources for our recovery

there are however experiential milestones and insights that oldtimers tend to gain and have in common, so you can learn from them: Your #1 tip for sobriety (over 2 years sober).

much love and all the best!

7 Likes

Anything is worth a try, as a few other mention, there is online meetings or other types of communities like Smart etc.
I refuse to go to a meeting and ended up in rehab (don’t recommend that route of avoidable) :tipping_hand_woman:
Meetings or recovery groups are a great way to meet other people and realise you’re not alone :blush:

2 Likes