I'm falling apart đź’”

I miss them so much already rest in peace my loves
JEROMESVILLE, Ohio-- A frantic 911 call from a neighbor to firefighters in a rural Ashland County community described a father trying to get his children out of a burning home.

Before the first firefighters arrived, the house was already engulfed in flame.Upon arrival, the structure was fully involved and there were reports on the scene of possibly three occupants still inside," said Assistant Jeromesville Fire Chief John Cutlip.

Six tankers from multiple departments responded to help. The firefighters battled the blaze for more than an hour.

Three children, ages 2, 4 and 12, were not able to make it out. Two adults and 13-year-old Brayden Mcie escaped.

Brayden was asleep on the first floor when he was awakened shortly after he went to bed.

“I was pretty much cleaning my room and all that, and then I fell asleep. And ended up where I heard like someone outside yelling or I heard a noise. And then I got up and I saw smoke and all that,” Brayden said.“I stepped out of my room and I looked to the right, and I saw flashes on the porch and stuff like that. I didn’t know what it was at first and that’s when I went out because I saw the back door open where my room is and went around and I saw like the fire on the porch,” he said.

Brayden said he tried convincing his 12-year-old sister, Faithlyn Bogavich, to get out of the home, but her bedroom was just above the burning front porch.

“I got outside and I saw the fire and I started yelling. So I said Faithlyn, you have got to get out of there. And the only thing I heard her say was that she can’t,” he told Fox 8 News.

The two adults who lived at the home had custody of Brayden and his sister,Their mother, Sonja Mcie-Cobb, was awakened at 3 a.m. at her home by a pounding at her door. Through her grief she was remembering Faithlyn as a loving and happy 12 year old.

“She was just the type of person who could capture anybody’s heart and they would fall in love with her,” said Mcie-Cobb.

Faithlyn attended Hillsdale School where she was a cheerleader and a member of 4-H. Her grandmother said she loved the outdoors and was fond of caring for stray animals.

“She loves gardening, she took every stray animal in that there was around,” said Melody Mcie.The cause of the fire remains under investigation. The Division of State Fire Marshal, as well as Ashland County Sheriff’s Office and the county coroner were among the agencies investigating.

Brayden told FOX 8 News there were flammable materials on the front porch, including a grill with a propane tank. He said he believes he heard it explode at one point, the flames shooting high above the two-story home

Several efforts to help the families of the victims were underway on social media on Monday, including a group called Hillsdale Cares, which works with local churches to collect donations for those who have suffered a loss.

Mcie-Cobb said her son does not have any clothes other than those he was wearing at the time.This is something that you hope never happens. I can’t state on how everybody deals with it, everybody deals with it a little differently," Cutlip said.

Firefighters and first responders were given the opportunity Monday evening to meet with members of the department’s critical stress debriefing team.

“Its been very difficult for firemen. It’s been several years, probably in the 70s since we have had a fire here at the Jeromesville Fire Department so very sobering,” said Jeromesville Fire Chief Todd Elliott.

I this is my family please keep them in your prayers :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Any kind words help I’m just trying to keep my mind busy. Instead of falling back into my black hold like I used too. I’m trying to deal with my emotions in a healthy way.

Thank you so much and trust me I will, the old Alyssa would have went out and grabbed, but I came here instead. My sobriety means the world to me!!

3 Likes

I am so, so sorry. There are no words to make such heartbreak better. Just know that you are not alone and we are here if and when you need us.

1 Like

I’m so sorry, friend. I’m praying for you and your family. Well done for coming here and sharing. You are an inspiration to stay sober, thank you for being here. Sending you love, strength and courage.:revolving_hearts::pray:

2 Likes

I’m very sorry for such a loss under such a tragedy, there are no words that will lessen your grief and time may only dull it. Please remember that you’ll need all of your strength to carry yourself through this and you’ll need your sobriety to find that strength. I am very sorry that such a painful tragedy has found you…

1 Like

Thank you so much @MoCatt and @aircircle. The support really means a lot to me.

You have no idea how good this made me feel thank you so much !!!

5 Likes

Right now all I can do is stay strong for my family, and that means staying sober. I dont want to put my family though my drug addicted life again especially not now. The last thing I want is for them to be worried about me.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss Alyssa :broken_heart::cry::pray:

1 Like

I am so so sorry for your loss. There are no words that could make your terrible loss better. You are in my thoughts :heart:

1 Like

Sending you love hugs and strength at this heart breaking time. You and you family are in my thoughts​:purple_heart::heart::purple_heart::heart::pray::pray::pray::hugs:

1 Like

Oh honey, I am SO sorry to hear this. Hugs to you, you are in my prayers and so is your family. You are brave and strong for dealing with this sober. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. :heart:

1 Like

Alyssa, so very sorry for your loss. :pensive::tulip:

1 Like

Your words of strength here are made even more awe striking by the circumstances. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. You are showing those of us who might be dealing with some loss in our lives that the strength of the sober human spirit is indomitable and something to be amazed at. Thank you for sharing this. I wish I could hug you, so I will let you know that I love you, and I’m sorry your going through this.:heart:

2 Likes

How incredibly sad and overwhelming. I am thinking of you and all those who lost their precious ones.

1 Like

Oh girl! I can’t even imagine! Whatever you need, know we are here. Are you with loved ones? Do you have physical support around you?

Please be safe. Ask for whatever help you need. If we can help you in dealing with this, please know that we will. Doesn’t have to be sobriety related, all support is needed.

My heart is breaking for you and your family. Stay strong, my friend.

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss @Alyssa44. I wish you much strength, healing and sobriety.

When the time is right, grief counseling can be very helpful. :heart:

1 Like

I am so sorry for your family’s loss. I just can’t imagine what you are all going through. I hope you have a lot of support where you are. HUGS

1 Like

:cherry_blossom::tulip::rose::blossom::sunflower::rosette::bouquet:

It must hurt a lot.

@Alyssa44, you are loved by all of us here. Thank you for sharing. My condolences.

1 Like

My heart is hurting for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. I pray for all of you and that you are given strength to get through this nightmare. Hugs from Ireland.

1 Like