Introduce Yourself

The fact you are here on this forum speaks loudly. This is a great place for support as we’ve all been there in one way or another. Reaching out and admitting we have a problem is a huge step in the right direction so be proud for taking it.

Welcome @Raiden_Gabriel

Hi @Raiden_Gabriel and welcome. Wow is sounds like you are having to deal with many challenges besides trying to be clean/sober. I can only hope you are able to get professional help for those.

Hey all, my names Donald I’ve been in the rooms now for almost 11 months…my sobriety date is 4-29-16,I just thought I’d say hello and introduce myself! It’s been a long hard road so far but I’m grateful we have a daily reprieve…if your struggling to get this deal keep coming back…I too struggled to grab ahold of this and maintain any kind of sobriety…hang in there guys

5 Likes

Welcome @Don_Cocan

Hi, just wanted so introduce myself. I´m Anna, I´m 31 y/o and 14 days clean and sober.
Alcohol have always been my main addiction, but cocain and weed have been chasing the number 1 spot for a while now. Along with speed, opiates, pharmaceuticals and pretty much anything I could get my hands on. 2 weeks ago today my body said NO! after 4 months straight of to much drinking and using, not sleeping and trying to fit 4 jobs together and I got rushed to the ER… I was 100% sure I was gonna die in that er-room, a feeling I wish upon no one. So here I am now - fighting a war inside my head every day to stay sober.
I work in hospitality and pretty much all of my friends do to, and trying to stay sober in that environment is not easy that´s for sure… Some days I´m at “one hour at a time” and some days I have a good day where I feel strong.
The app have really been helping me and I think the forum will be a great place too for when I need to talk about my thoughts - even tho my friends listen they simply don’t understand… It only helps being told “just don’t think about it” so many times…
Thanks for reading <3

6 Likes

Hi @Serendipity. Glad to see you here after such a frightening experience. Note this forum is also available from talkingsober.com, even without the App.

1 Like

Welcome @Serendipity

1 Like

@Serendipity any support you need let us know. Strength and good vibes being sent!

1 Like

Hello everyone my name is Melissa. I am 29 years old. Even though alcoholism runs in my family I never thought I “fit into” the category of what it is to be an alcoholic because I’m not dependent on it or need it to function everyday. I live a healthy lifestyle during the week with eating well, going to the gym and not drinking. However, my problem is once I go out and have one drink, I can’t stop. Pretty much every time I drink I blackout and make horrible decisions. After blacking out last night and having my boyfriend and brother frantically trying to locate where I was and thinking the worst, I can truly say I have a major problem with alcohol. Long story short my experience last night made me realize there is not a checklist or a certain box someone has to check to be an alcoholic. I need help and the only thing that will help me is if I avoid alcohol completely. It’s a poison that I want to eliminate from my life. So I am on here today to become the best person I can be and take a different approach by leaning on people who are positive and supportive. Reading through these posts makes me feel so much better knowing I am not fighting this battle alone.

7 Likes

Welcome @Mel22! and thanks for sharing your story. Here is a helpful thread on early sobriety:

(Surviving Alcohol Withdrawal/Early Sobriety Techniques)

al·co·hol·ism
ˈalkəhôˌlizəm/
noun
an addiction to the consumption of alcoholic liquor or the mental illness and compulsive behavior resulting from alcohol dependency.

There is no face to this. It goes beyond what we think an alcoholic looks and acts like. We are men and women from all ages, ethnicities, and income classes.

4 Likes

Thank you @JohnSee this is very helpful!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi this is my first post . I have been down loading different apps looking for a way to connect with individuals looking to maintain sobriety. I would classify myself as a binge drinker the last 18 months who had landed emotionally in the bottom of a red wine bottle. When I binge I have no stopping point and I like calling up my family and friends. Because I normally would black out I have no memory of who I call or what was said . My last binge was on Tuesday March 14th and I was hyper focused on getting a wheel chair for a friend in the middle of the night which started a drunk dial hi wrong. I was so hung over on Wednesday I had to call off work with a bogus excuse to a job I started 3 weeks ago. A planned Relocation to Charlotte with my retired husband leaving a job of 30 years and community I lived in all my life has left me depressed beyond my personal comprehension. The binging started due to excessive time on my hands with no real interest or hobbies because I lived to work not worked to live. I want my life back . I want to find joy outside of a wine bottle . I love the community we moved into however it is a community that loves to drink . I have made my core group of friends aware of my drinking situations which makes me feel relieved but also makes me think how am I going to continue to abstain . So I’m here looking for support and insight

4 Likes

Welcome @AUGDON12 “One day at a time” and tomorrow the same thing. We’re not promised forever. Here’s a bunch of links for different articles as it pertains to recovery and sobriety. Start by educating yourself and look for things that might interest you and help you further on your new journey. You’ve come to the right place…Plenty of experience in addiction, alcoholism AND sobriety.

Thank you for the links . I have started therapy and exploring the program Smart Recovery which is cognitive therapy based. I grew up with AA at my kitchen table morning noon and night . It became my Fathers church which kept him sober but kept from being a real father to his 6 kids

1 Like

Find what works for YOU. Recovery is personal and best designed to fit YOUR sobriety.

I am grateful I downloaded this app . Not to sure how it all works but will muddle through

3 Likes

Hi @AUGDON12 and welcome. This is the best App and online support forum I ever found. Remember the forum is also available directly on the web via http://talkingsober.com.

Thanks John I didn’t know that