Introduce Yourself

Hey everyone I’m Robert I was lost in addiction for some time but I got tried of living that life so I’m changing my life around and I feel like it’s time for me to give back so I’m going to school to get my bachelor’s degree in human resources so I can be a drug and alcohol counselor.

4 Likes

Definitely stop now. Similar but worse situation for me. On anti depressants, drinking a minimum of 64 oz of beer a night, gained 150lbs over 10 years. I haven’t had a gf for the past 5 years because of my drinking. Im 31 now and quiting for my second time.

1 Like

Oh yeah quit now! It’s never too late! You’ll find other things to do ,
different people to hang with , seriously you will learn you can have fun without drinking​:grin::+1: I am also an alcoholic I’ve been sober for 17 months, five days and I still want to drink every now and then but I’m not gonna do it…
one will lead into many! I know it I know me🙏
Wish you luck and confidence!

1 Like

We have similar stories and welcome. I am your typical binge drinker that can stop for weeks but the bam…my husband is in denial think a its him but its me…urgh I am loving just being done with alcohol it doesn’t ever add anything positive to life.

1 Like

Hello everyone, my name is Brooke. I’m from Colorado. I believe I’ve always been an alcoholic - from the age of 11 or 12 when I first tasted vodka. Currently though, it’s been 2 years straight that I couldn’t even bear the thought of not drinking all day. It started getting really bad when I got stressed out about grad school and the financial responsibilities of it. I would put straight vodka in my water bottle at work, and of course people just think it’s water. Though, I remember getting drunk with my cousins at the age of 12. Every family function from kid’s birthday parties to Christmas always has alcohol. We would take our pop cans, pour them out and replace it with vodka (my drink of choice) or whiskey. After that, I kept drinking with them at family functions and no one questioned it because they either A. Never paid attention or B. Didn’t think kids our age would do that. Alcohol is such a normal thing in my family, so much so that I am currently the only (trying to be) sober one at the age of 24. Thankful I found a community with so many people on or trying to be on the clean path as I am.

9 Likes

I’m Rachel. I’m 25 years old and live in Pittsburgh PA. Proud member of NA :grinning:

6 Likes

Hi! I just hit the reset button after a good month and a half of sobriety. I hate the feeling of being back on day 1 but I’m damn determined to stick with staying sober.

This time, I’m going to participate in these forums and offer encouragement and support and hope that this will add some accountability for me as well.

So I’m an alcoholic. I’ve drank heavily since I was 21. Wine is my weakness and I’m jealous of people who can carelessly sip a glass and discuss …something profound. When I drink, I gulp the wine and fill the glass up again only to chug it all gone. Sometimes I drank straight out of the bottle. Classy, I know.

I’m tired of it ruining my life, dominating my thoughts, assisting me in going into a tail-spin of negative feelings like guilt and shame. I’m tired of it robbing me of quality time with my kids, and my husband. I’m tired of how tired it makes me.

Other than all of that, I’m a 32 year old mom of two little guys, a wife, a pretty decent friend and sister. I live in the PNW and have an awesome job that I love. I have 2 dogs and a cat and zero hobbies (probably because drinking WAS my hobby).

Looking forward to getting to know you all a little better and sharing in your victories together! :raised_hands:t2::muscle:t2:

7 Likes

You’ll get through this! I believe relapses are part of the healing process. I made it 23 days and am now back on day 6. It sucks, but we have to keep moving forward!

2 Likes

Hi my name is rich I’ve sober now for 78days I’m from Oregon and drinking always has been a big issue I atteend outpatient meetings 3times a week and it truly helps

3 Likes

Go guy! Good luck and stay strong!

Hi. My name is Andrew, Spanish. My first day here… And clean. I hope u can help me in my fight. I will try to help u.

7 Likes

I’m sobernerd. Have struggled with alcohol almost my entire adult life. Been in and out of the program about half my adult life. I managed to have almost 3 years sober almost a year ago. I carelessly threw my sobriety away. Since then I’ve prayed through many alcohol withdrawals. I’ve missed work because I stayed up all night drinking. I wake up with guilt and anxiety and yet do it all again. Throwing away this gift was easy. Letting go and admitting defeat is harder. If you have sobriety DO NOT LET IT GO!!! I wish I never had. So now, I start over. Thanks for being here.

9 Likes

welcome. i hope you have a better day tomorrow. you found strength once and it sounds like you are more than strong enough to do it again. best of luck to you, sobernerd.

3 Likes

My name is Erik and I am new here from Canada, looking to make new sober friends :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome @Erik3 U can do it. We all support u!!!

1 Like

When we admit powerlessness and defeat, only then can we be given strength. It will all make sense in time. Congrats and welcome.

1 Like

My name is Chad. I got sober on 4/10/13. I’m very active in AA in Naples, FL and I plan on checking this place out as I just joined today.

11 Likes

very encouraging to know you’ve been sober for so long. amazing. welcome @Chadnaples :sparkles:

3 Likes

My name is Thomas I’m a Virgo so I can be pretty anal about things I like everything to be unique but unlike my addiction my life became unmanageable I’ve been sober now for 31 days coming off heroin by far the hardest thing I’ve ever did and the biggest thing I regret besides hurting myself and my loved ones and Friends was emotionless for such a long time. I’ve been clean I’ve been able to channel my inner middle schooler and it feels good to be able to feel again. My mother told me the other day how proud she was of me and she told me this one thing and I never heard it before she said son it’s better to be seen then viewed . The most important thing is she turns 70 years old on Devil’s Night and this was the first time in 8 years that I was clean on her birthday she told me that was the best gift anyone’s gave her.

6 Likes

Hi, my name is Thiago. I’m brazilian, 31 years old. I started to drink when I was teenager and around two years ago I started to use cocaine as well. When I drink I don’t care about money or anithing else. I lost all my savings. When I get money again I drink, smell cocaine and hire prostitutes to have some “fun” together… After that I fell guilt. I always say to myself this is the last time, but…
I’m clean for 3 days now.

2 Likes