Just put out my last cigarette

This will be my 4th real attempt in 20yrs at dropping this terrible addiction.

I recently recieved some generally negative results from the Doc regarding my cardiovascular health.

I’m feeling some deeply strong guilt, shame, and remorse. I’m hoping that little switch in my head that offers a real Step 1 has flipped.

Anyone else putting down smoking around here? Would love to interact over the comming hours, days, weeks if you’re available.

8 Likes

Good to see you’re here and even better that you’re dropping the smokes!

I know its tough, threw them out in 08. You will find support here, for sure. Only thing that I can say is you, I or anyone doesn’t have to or need to smoke ever again. Simple.

Hugs friend and congratulations on treating your body better!

5 Likes

Appreciate it Smitty,

This is the one that has had me by my short and curlies for the longest time. I surrendered my alcohol & narcotics addictions back in 2011 but this sucker - sheesh it’s a different level for me.

I can say back that I believe you and will hold that in my mind as a little mantra “I don’t have to or need to smoke ever again”.

With peace.

3 Likes

This thread may come in handy:

3 Likes

Congratulations. I’m also smoke free for a few days now so I know how difficult this is. And I’m dealing with my sobriety. Stick with it. Take care :v:t2:

2 Likes

when i stopped in the eighties i was on 60 a day but sober a year going to the gym and the cigs were getting in my way to get fitter so cigs or gym and gym won 37 years cig free this October

2 Likes

Same here. I HAVE to make a serious attempt to quit. Welcome to TS.

1 Like

Use your tools that helped you get sober from alcohol and narcs before. Its definitely tough but well worth it. Good luck @Aquaritek you can keep posting here for support or theres another quit smoking thread here

3 Likes

Have you read “Alan Carrs Easy Way To Stop Smoking?”

I tried to quit for years and it is that book that actually worked.

Get it! It’s less than the cost of cigarettes and you’ve got nothing to lose by reading it

1 Like