Mental health memes and discussion (Part 3)

8 Likes

:heart:

12 Likes

9 Likes

"Mistakes are the opportunities life gives you to learn how to trust yourself more.

Think about it:
You donā€™t trust people because theyā€™re perfect and will never do something that will upset your expectations, you trust them because you know that even when they make a mistake theyā€™ll be responsible enough to do better.

Thatā€™s because trust is not built on perfection, itā€™s built on making mistakes and taking accountability to mend them.

Now say it with me:
My mistakes are the opportunity life gives me to learn how to trust myself more. "
ā€”Jovanny Ferreyra

artwork by instagram.com/katschneids/

P.S. Your value extends beyond your achievements; itā€™s rooted in who you are. Progress is more important than perfection anyway.

The best thing is: youā€™re more than capable of reprogramming your mind to see opportunities for growth where you would normally see fear & punishment.

8 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes

16 Likes

Being comfortable with not being liked is absolutely essential.
No matter how loving or how kind and how giving you are, you will never people please your way into collective acceptance.
So donā€™t be surprised if they donā€™t like you even if you are a ray of sunshine because theyā€™re only used to thunderstorms and rain.
Embrace your shine.
No matter what.
:heart:

5 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

I love this . Going to print and put it where I can see it daily.

1 Like

:facepunch:
Naamloos

10 Likes

Me and my best friend talked about this yesterday.
Iā€™ve said that the famous ā€œThe world doesnā€™t owe us a s**tā€

He flipped it around and said ā€œAre you serious, the world owes us, and all of us that was never able to choose a big fat favor, but we donā€™t owe the world to be who they wanted us to beā€

Iā€™ve thought about that ever since. Not sure I agree though. I still think you always have a choice. More or less. But I do like the idea. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Fuck yeah! Iā€™m 33 and really needed to see this now as Iā€™m debating going back to school in the fall.

7 Likes

I went to nursing school at 40 (while in active addiction, no idea how I did it), and started therapy seriously (sober) at 54. Iā€™m 57 now, and beginning to feel like an adult at times :sunglasses:.

7 Likes

Go for it!! 30s you are just getting started. I finished my degree in my late 30s, started my own company in my mid 40s, started running and weight lifting in my 40s and so on. And like Menno, during active addiction. Reinvention and growth arenā€™t tied to any age. I will be 63 next birthday and evolving in so many ways because of my sobriety and recovery journey. Idk about the ā€˜adultā€™ part yet. :blush:

9 Likes

Iā€™m 38, and might be going for my third PhD ( a teacherā€™s degree) because I still donā€™t know what I want to be when I grow up.

Just getting started to actually figure out who I want to be. You can definitely go back to school if you want to. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

@Mno @SassyRocks @MrsOdh

Yeahā€¦ you are all a huge inspiration. I somehow got it in my head that my brain just stopped being able to learn new things after my 20s. But thatā€™s bullshit. Iā€™m sober, my ADHD is getting treated and I have this nagging feeling in the back of my head that I want moreā€¦ Iā€™m inclined to just go for it. Worst case scenario, I drop out from uni no. 3. :joy_cat:

6 Likes

I never let outaide forces determine my mental health or influence it anymore. Or at least i try not to so i understand.

2 Likes