Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Aug. 24th mind blowing random thought of the day: As a teenager, actor Christopher Walken worked as a lion tamer, having performed several tricks with a lioness named Sheba.

3 Likes

Prior to WW1, many Germans emigrated to England. A lot of the young men found jobs as waiters.
When war broke out, these same young men returned to Germany, to join the fight.
During the battle of Ypres/Flanders, the English snipers would call out…“Waiter!”
They would pop out of their foxholes.

2 Likes

Paranoia is the secret to longevity and also to sobriety

Oh. That’s a great one.

Not to sound click-baity, but this article has a great twist at the end.

Which is greater: The number of grains of sand on earth, or stars in the sky?

1 Like

Aug. 25th mind blowing random thought of the day: To date, over 350 people have committed suicide on the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.

1 Like

Aug. 26th mind blowing random thought of the day: “Groaking” is the act of watching others eat food hoping that they’ll offer you some.

4 Likes

I had no idea there was a word for it. What’s the word for watching other people eat and being completely disgusted, because that’s me! Lol

2 Likes

My dogs “groak” all the time.

7 Likes

Misophonia. I have it to a degree. Cant stand chewing gum, or people eating with mouths open.

2 Likes

Ugh. I hate when people eat with their mouths open. It makes me so mad.

3 Likes

:v:please wehn you eat keep mouths shut​:smiley:

2 Likes

Aug. 27th mind blowing random thought of the day: President Harry S Truman was the first person to be given a codename by the secret service: “General.”

2 Likes

Nothing specific? :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

At 350 lbs President Taft earned himself the nick name “tubs” posthumously and in turn the phrases “tubby” as well as “chubby” are used to describe fat people still today by supposedly getting himself stuck in the white house bathtub. It’s been discovered since then that the story was actually a lie based on the fact that he had foreseen the possibility and commissioned a company to build 3 of the largest bathtubs ever made for a single person at that time…they were 7 feet long by 41 inches wide and literally weighed a ton.

ask-taft-tub-E

3 Likes

Ah, just learned an interesting fact from Facebook, it’s usually not a reliable news source but I think we can trust this one…

On this day 33 years ago the founder of this thread graced the world with his presence…happy birthday Rob!! :birthday::balloon::tada::gift:

6 Likes

I think we can assume that one is true!:joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Oh hey!

happy-birthday-brother

1 Like

A happy birthday from Wrestle Mania? Sweet!

1 Like

Just ran across this… (edit: pic is annoying to view unless u download it, heres a link instead…)

3 Likes

Aug. 28th mind blowing random thought of the day: The shortest scientific paper ever published was “The Unsuccessful Self-Treatment of a Case of ‘Writer’s Block’” written by clinical psychologist Dennis Upper in 1974 in the ‘Journal of Applied Behavioral Analysis.’ It contains zero words.

6 Likes