Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Dec. 25th mind blowing random thought of the day: The Christmas song “Jingle Bells” was composed in 1857 by James Lord Pierpont, who was famed American billionaire J.P. Morgan’s uncle.

3 Likes

Dec. 26th mind blowing random thought of the day: President James Monroe is the only person in U.S. history to have held 2 cabinet positions at once, when he simultaneously served as President James Madison’s Secretary of State and Secretary of War.

1 Like

Dec. 27th mind blowing random thought of the day: All NASA astronauts are required to learn fluent Russian in case they are faced with a problem while aboard the International Space Station near Russia mission control.

8 Likes

Dec. 28th mind blowing random thought of the day: The exercise known as the “deadlift” refers to the soldiers during Ancient Rome who frequently lifted up their fallen comrades into wagons to be transported home.

2 Likes

Dec. 29th mind blowing random thought of the day: When author Sir Terry Pratchett was knighted in 2009, he forged his own sword from 175 pounds of iron ore that he dug up himself, and a meteorite for the occasion.

4 Likes

Dec. 30th mind blowing random thought of the day: Dutch astronomer Hans Lippershey is accredited for having made the earliest written record of a refracting telescope, a patent he filed for in 1608 but was denied due to similar claims for invention made by other spectacle makers. Lippershey was, however, compensated for his design and a report was published sharing his work. Galileo Galilei later read about and recreated Lippershey’s model with stronger magnification. The next year, Galileo received the patent and credit for having officially invented the telescope.

2 Likes

Man. This has Tesla v. Edison written all over it.

Frickin’ Galileo…

3 Likes

Neil armstrong was the first man on the moon. Neil A is alien backwards :alien:

2 Likes

Dec. 31st mind blowing random thought of the day: It is unknown what Albert Einstein’s last words were because the nurse who sat by his side as he died didn’t understand German.

4 Likes

Jan. 1st mind blowing random thought of the day: It was so cold during President Ulysses S. Grant’s inauguration in 1869 that the canaries scheduled to sing at the event ball froze to death.

4 Likes

Jan. 2nd mind blowing random thought of the day: The 1982 film ‘E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial’ was banned in Sweden, Scandinavia, Finland, and Norway upon initial release because their governments felt that the movie portrayed adults as enemies of children.

4 Likes

Just wanted to say that I love this thread :blush: Thanks for the education :+1:

1 Like

You’re welcome! Random facts are totally my jive.

:flushed:

5 Likes

Where do hamsters live before they go to the pet store??

1 Like

Lol no clue, where?

I DON’T KNOW, if I did I wouldn’t have to ask​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought this thread was called random thoughts??:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Haha! I believe hamsters are indigenous to the middle east. Domesticated hamsters originated from a single brother-sister pair of Syrian Hamsters in Jerusalem.

2 Likes