Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Jan. 23rd mind blowing random thought of the day: The Three Gorges Dam that spans across the Yangtze River by the town of Sandouping in China is approx. 600 feet tall and over 7,600 feet long, so massive that it has slowed the rotation of the Earth by 0.06 milliseconds.

4 Likes

Jan. 24th mind blowing random thought of the day: The German word ‘treppenwitz’ refers to the feeling experienced when one thinks of a witty comeback or remark long after the moment has passed.

6 Likes

Jerk Store…(Seinfeld)

3 Likes

I’ll have to try and remember that word, cus that is totally me. Always late to the party

4 Likes

Mind-blowing, actual conversation…

K: Hey, Eke, is it true we’re mostly made of empty space?

E: Actually yeah. On an atomic level, atoms are mostly empty space. So by extension our bodies as well. Why do you ask, K.?

K: Just confirming. I heard that on the radio while on the rowing machine. It got me wondering why I was working so hard to lose something when I’m already mostly nothing.

E: :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Some people are more nothing than others though. They want to be less nothing.

1 Like

I went from a social butterfly to a fly on the wall, and I gotta say, the view from the wall is better than the view from the floor…

4 Likes

FB_IMG_1548297703269

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/man-did-not-sleep-for-40-years/

3 Likes

Jan. 25th mind blowing random thought of the day: Exhaust emissions from a single cruise ship can equal the equivalent of 1 million cars per day, and the air quality on the top deck can be worse than that of the world’s most polluted cities.

4 Likes

This cannot be verified. I cant believe that anyone can survive beyond 14 days without sleep.

1 Like

Jan. 26th mind blowing random thought of the day: An orangutan will weave more than 15,000 beds from trees in its lifetime.

2 Likes

Jan. 27th mind blowing random thought of the day: Polar bears don’t defecate nor urinate while hibernating, but instead recycle their excrement into protein.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Jan. 28th mind blowing random thought of the day: President Martin van Buren’s autobiography fails to ever mention his wife and accompanying first lady, Hannah.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, even if his brain made it impossible to sleep his body would still need it…its in a crap ton of articles around the net tho so idk? I agree tho, its prob Soviet propaganda to scare the Germans…“were so resilient u cant even shoot us in the head or we become even more badass” lol

2 Likes

All the Russians probably survive on drinking kerosene and eating firewood. Hardy people there.

1 Like

Jan. 29th mind blowing random thought of the day: Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan named the Pacific Ocean in 1519 after the Latin word meaning “tranquil” while on an expedition to cross its waters. He died, however, before completing his journey.

2 Likes

Jan. 30th mind blowing random thought of the day: Helen Keller was the first person to introduce the akita dog breed from Japan to North America in 1937.

2 Likes

Jan. 31st mind blowing random thought of the day: Author Mark Twain was born in 1835 and died in 1910, both during the same years as when Halley’s Comet traveled across the sky as it passed by the Earth.

3 Likes

4 Likes