Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Feb. 17th mind blowing random thought of the day: The strength of a crocodile’s bite is approx. 3,000 pounds per square inch, which is equal to the force of a sledge hammer.

4 Likes

Feb. 18th mind blowing random thought of the day: While then candidate James K. Polk was running for president in 1844, he campaigned on the promise that he would not run for a second term if elected. He won the election and true to his word, did not run again in 1848. Today, he is considered by historians to have been the most effective single term president in U.S. history as the only one to have successfully fulfilled all of his campaign promises during his time in office.

3 Likes

No. Banging your siblings is quite wrong.

2 Likes

Im going to have to second this one. Incest is absolutely wrong. From every standpoint. Evolutionary speaking, not social construct. The construct is there for a reason.

How about a bonus today! Just found out about this awesome tree.

Hura crepitans , the sandbox tree , also known as possumwood and jabillo , is an evergreen tree of the spurge family native to tropical regions of North and South America, including the Amazon Rainforest. It is recognized by the many dark, pointed, poisonous spines and smooth brown bark. These spines have caused it to be called monkey no-climb .

The fruit is a large capsule with explosive dihiscense (splits along pre-formed lines); seeds can be launched, upon opening, up to 70 metres per second (170 MPH).

It has also been coined the Dynamite Tree.

How awesome is that?

6 Likes

This is totally unsubstantiated, and it’s likely I’m misremembering. I think this tree was used for torture at one time, by tying the victim to it, then torquing the ropes. Or not and I’m just a sicko.

3 Likes

Sounds like something drug lords or a crime syndicate out of Colombia would do to someone who betrays them.

Theres a reddit on worst forms of torture. Just people thinking of sick stuff.

Tried it lol

No ive heard that b4 too, and they extracted the poison and used it with other torture devices too, those trees are badass, i just heard about them not that long ago myself

1 Like

The thing i saw those on talked about these as well… rainbow eucalyptus

6 Likes

Ooo, thats cool

Feb. 19th mind blowing random thought of the day: Even though Alaska is approx. 70 times larger than Vermont, they both have around the same amount of total road mileage in their states.

4 Likes

Yeah…not a lot of roads in Alaska. Is it Juneau that has no roads in or out of the city? You have to fly or boat in. (I took an Alaskan cruise for my honeymoon…awesome place)

2 Likes

Just ran across this :laughing:

4 Likes

Urghhh… i dont like that one bit

1 Like

Feb. 20th mind blowing random thought of the day: Earth is currently the only known planet where fire can burn.

4 Likes

Wait…what??? Does’t fire mean that something is burning??? And does fire burn or does something else burn resulting in fire.

My brain is hurting.

:dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Fire burns things

1 Like

But…spontaneous combustion… :wink:

2 Likes

I love how combustion and rusting are both the same type of chemical reaction (reduction-oxidation), but at very different speeds.

2 Likes