Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Lol. Wouldnt happen on Mercury!

1 Like

My mind is officially blown!!

:exploding_head:

1 Like

Thats wild… i could understand mars and everything on back cuz its so cold but u would think Mercury and Venus being right in the middle of a colossal ball of fire and us with temps 700-800 degrees hotter than us would be ablaze all the time. Gotta be a lack of combustible materials or oxygen maybe?

I was going to say fire triangle, fuel, oxygen, heat but then thought, no other planet has burnable material I suppose?

2 Likes

One of my old bosses used to have a sign in his cabinet shop that said “Fire Triangle: Idiot, cigarette, sawdust” with a diagram and everything, dude was a memer b4 his time lol

2 Likes

I worked in a magazine binding factory once, I was really surprised when I started that we could smoke at the machines!

2 Likes

Fire requires oxygen to ignite. Even in the most gaseous environments where the whole place ought to just explode into a mini star, it cannot for that same reason.

There’s plenty of heat, in the case of Venus (Ave of 863 degrees F, 462 C), but the atmosphere is 96% Carbon Dioxide, a non-combustable gas.

2 Likes

So in other words not only is carbon the building block of life its the only thing stopping everyones favorite planet from being a shrapnel spattered wastleland long b4 we ever showed up… carbon ftw!

2 Likes

Oh man, a building full of glue fumes and a buttload of paper and ink… yeah that sounds like the perfect place to light up :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah. Ironically our shift supervisor used to let us smoke joints as well.

3 Likes

Japanese women used to walk many steps to your one

My Woodwork teacher had a small office in the workshop and he smoked like a chimne in there with other teachers. His excuse was “I dont see any signs?”

3 Likes

Feb. 21st mind blowing random thought of the day: Beneath the Temple of Hathor in Dendera, Egypt is a relief inscribed on one of the walls depicting figures standing around a large lightbulb like object along with a conductor. In 1969, archaeologist and writer Erich von Daniken, author of the book Chariot of the Gods, recreated a working model of the image depicted, which, when connected to a power source, successfully emitted a purplish light. This discovery gave rise to the now popular theory that Ancient Egyptians had access to primitive forms of electricity.

6 Likes

I read that book. Talks of a chamber beneath the phinx. When archeologists started to ultrasound it they where told to stop by the Egyptian government. I’ve not followed it up to see what has happened since. Was an interesting read.

4 Likes

The Ancient Egyptians knew more than they were willing to share. Their mathematics were astounding, and still being saught to understand.

4 Likes

Feb. 22nd mind blowing random thought of the day: Approx. 1 in every 10 European babies are conceived on an IKEA bed.

Not in an IKEA, however.

2 Likes

February 22: Random thought. Some asshole actually likes Nickelback

4 Likes

Heres another fact: The statistics certainly bear Kroeger out. Nickelback has sold more than 50 million albums worldwide, according to the label, and the band’s last four releases have debuted in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 – and at No. 1 in its homeland.

4 Likes

I was about to say, everybody is quick to hate on em nowadays but people used to love the hell out of em

4 Likes

Yeah, i feel like nowadays no one wants to be “basic”. Listening to mainstream, generic music that’s mass produced in a producer’s studio, is now something people are ashamed of.

4 Likes