Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Yeah, ive been making em here and there lately, most of em i think would be considered in poor taste on here so i havent been posting them. Most are about drugs or overdoses…sort of a cheap therapy to help get past my friend dying the other week. Embracing the suck as the military guys say lol

Im guessing not too many people on here have seen those guys youtube vids, it didnt get much of a response at least lol, if u havent seen it this is what its from. The full version is called ‘is it chill if i chill here’ theyre so stupid its funny lol

1 Like

4 Likes

Sonoluminescence. Weird s–t, for real.

4 Likes

Ah, cool so somebody has at least a bit of a clue lol…i saw it and wondered if it possibly correlated with how angler fish light their “lure”?

Doesn’t sound like it. There’s this review paper on it from 2002. If you’re curious, PM and I can send the full text. Though by now there has to be more figured out.

The currently available information favors a description of sonoluminescence caused by adiabatic heating of the bubble at collapse, leading to partial ionization of the gas inside the bubble and to thermal emission such as bremsstrahlung.

1 Like

The light on an anglerfish is made from chemical reactions in the fish itself.

My first guess on the collapsing bubble would be some sort of fast reaction of the oxygen combining with the water around it. Maybe a hydrogen reaction?

1 Like

Mar. 5th mind blowing random thought of the day: Yubitsume is the Yakuza ritual of chopping off part of one’s pinky finger as either a form of punishment or apology, the amputation of which makes a proper grip on a samurai sword impossible, thus weakening the person in battle to become more reliant on the boss for protection.

7 Likes

Mar. 6th mind blowing random thought of the day: The word “dope” typically means cool or drugs everywhere in the United States except in Ohio, in which “dope” refers to a dessert topping like chocolate syrup or sprinkles.

4 Likes

Unless this is where you get your ice cream

4 Likes

The Declaration of Independence was written on Hemp paper…

2 Likes

Mar. 7th mind blowing random thought of the day: The mouth of an angler fish makes up approx. 30% of its body, and can expand up to 12 times wider in only 1/6,000th of a second.

4 Likes

As a buckeye, I have never heard that. Its either an extremely old expression, or an extremely new one. Interesting.

1 Like

I’m also a buckeye by birth, lived there too age 8 and again from 14 to 24 and I never heard it used that way either. Stupid person was the common meaning .

1 Like

Mar. 8th mind blowing random thought of the day: In Tanzania, it is against the law for a man to wear bell bottom pants.

4 Likes

This is why Tanzania will never see any of my dollars! :man_dancing:

3 Likes

Mar. 9th mind blowing random thought of the day: King Eric II of Denmark, who ruled from 1134 to 1137, was known as “Eric the Memorable,” but it is currently not remembered why.

5 Likes

Lmao thats awesome, i want that to be my legacy… “yeah we remember him, just cant remember wtf for” :laughing:

3 Likes

Was he named in satire by his detractors, perhaps?:grin:

2 Likes

Putting salt on Railroad tracks in the state of Alabama is a capital offense and is punishable by death.
Found this fact while exploring pros/cons of living in other U.S. states.
I think I’ll stay in CA :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yeah some of them state laws get crazy stupid.
Cant remember which one, i think its either Mississippi or Louisiana, but its illegal to tie ur pet alligator to a fire hydrant and leave him unattended. :laughing:

1 Like