Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

I’ll second this. There are many man made things that have slowed and sped the rotation of the planet. For example, the Bingham Canyon (Kennecott) Mine in Utah. The scale of the hole can be seen from space. Excavating and redistribution of planetary mass can speed up or slow down the earth’s axis. Japan’s tsunami flattened a lot of the landscape bringing the earth’s center of mass closer, increasing the speed of the planet by a small degree.

2 Likes

How can you make more wieght or take it away? You cant… all materials made here are from elements from here. We may distribute it around but i dont feel this is anything more then a flat earth theory…

Lets look at it this way. When a figure skater does a sowcow (a spin) their hands come closer to their bodies to increase their speed. To get out of their spin, they release their arms and a leg to slow down.

Same happens with the earth. Mass gets closer to earth, earth speeds up, mass gets pushed up away from the center of the earth and it slows down.

2 Likes

Farthest ever drilled was 40,000 ft. The earths core is 3,959 miles. We aint even close … The fraction would be so minimal. Most of earths heavy mass is at the core . The crust is porous after that its hard rock that is close to impossible to disturb.

1 Like

Im not talking about flat earth theory. This isnt theory at all. Distribution of surface mass significantly affects the planet’s rotational velocity.

1 Like

Its not about making or taking away weight…ur right, that cant happen, its about the sudden shifting of weight…when that dam is closed and at capacity its holding about 42 billion tons of water in one spot when it should be slowly distributing itself outward…its called the “moment of inertia” this is from the article i read:

the inertia of a rigid rotating body with respect to its rotation. The moment of inertia of an object about a given axis describes how difficult it is to change its angular motion about that axis. The longer the distance of a mass to its axis of rotation, the slower it will spin.

1 Like

Mar. 22nd bonus thought of the day: July 1, 2018’s would have been that George HW Bush was at the time the longest living U.S. president. As of today, however, the record has now been beaten by President Jimmy Carter.

3 Likes

9164fbd

9 Likes

March 22…today is national goof off day and national puppy day. Best day ever!

4 Likes

Bonus mind blowing random thought of the day: It was a popular belief among Europeans during medieval times that hedgehogs used their spines to collect grapes.

7 Likes

Huh…and here I thought they collected golden rings…

6 Likes

They do. And they’re friends with bifurcated tail foxes.

2 Likes

Mar. 23rd mind blowing random thought of the day: According to Forbes, President Donald Trump’s personal net worth is estimated to be about $4.5 billion, making him the wealthiest U.S. president in history with more money than all previous commander-in-chiefs combined.

3 Likes

Cue political activism, hatespeech, and general idiocracy in 3…2…1…:laughing:

2 Likes

Lol. Yeah, i figured this one had some potential to spark angst.

1 Like

Money can’t buy you… fill in the blank

3 Likes
5 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

Why do we eat pizza from the inside out?
The word ambiguous has only one meaning.
If you live to be 70 years old you will spend TEN YEARS of your life on Monday.