Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Because it’s inconvenient to eat the “handle” first. :wink:

1 Like

Mar. 24th 2,000th mind blowing random thought of the day: Every hour, the universe expands approx. 1 billion miles in all directions.

6 Likes

There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on earth :earth_africa::earth_americas::earth_asia:

5 Likes

Sorry, for some reason yesterdays didnt post. I remember posting it though… oh well, dou le thought for today!

Mar. 25th mind blowing random thought of the day: Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one’s mouth.

Mar. 26th mind blowing random thought of the day: It was a common practice in Ancient Rome for women to drink turpentine because it was thought to make their urine smell like roses.

6 Likes

Mar. 27th mind blowing random thought of the day: German police dogs receive a monthly pension after their retirement.

7 Likes

Mar. 28th mind blowing random thought of the day: In 1980, Canaan Banana became the first president of Zimbabwe, and the first law that he passed was to forbid citizens from making fun of his name.

5 Likes

Well, that’s probably why he ran for the office. Though it might have been cheaper to just fill out the forms for a name change.

Is his son, Canaan Banana Jr, the second banana? Are the two of them just bananas? Are the Zimbabwean security forces knocking on my door now?

6 Likes

Mar. 29th mind blowing random thought of the day: In 539 BCE, Persian King Cyrus the Great issued the first known decree on human rights, which freed slaves, allowed citizens to choose their own religion, and established racial equality.

8 Likes

That’s a great one. I look forward to reading your mind blowing random thoughts every day!

1 Like

Thanks! It will keep coming!

2 Likes

Mar. 30th mind blowing random thought of the day: U.S. Vice President Richard Johnson’s wife Julia Chinn was 1/8th African and therefore considered a slave, inherited after his father died of cholera in 1833. Interracial marriage was deemed illegal, so in public she was kept as his property, but in private they were a couple.

4 Likes

Mar. 31st mind blowing random thought of the day: During the Civil War, when the Confederate Amy ran low on ammunition, they raided bat caves for guano, as its high nitrate content provided a key ingredient for the production of gunpowder.

5 Likes

Whole new meaning to the phrase, “shooting the s–t.”

5 Likes

I read about that one in a museum when i was in harpers ferry, it was potassium nitrate aka saltpeter as it was known then…that stuff made up about 75% of gunpowders content, the rest was charcoal and sulfur. The sulfur they got from the James, Potomac, and Rappahannock river banks when they dried up and receded a bit. The thing i read said it was used from the war of 1812 right up through World War I.

2 Likes

Nice! Resourceful humans!

they be like

2 Likes

5 Likes

Lol! I just saw this one on Insta!

I have a DnD memes page I follow on Facebook! It’s great lol!

1 Like

Apr. 1st mind blowing random thought of the day: On April Fool’s Day in 1957, the BBC broadcasted a fake news report about how spaghetti was grown from trees. As a result, hundreds of viewers called in order to find out more information and asked how to grow a spaghetti tree for themselves.

3 Likes