Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Fun fact about the white house: the very first weekend after I moved to DC i went out exploring and got caught up in a security lockdown as i was walking towards the white house lol. This woman came flying down the street doing about 70 with capitol and DC metro police following her. She made it almost to the capitol building before she wrecked and we heard gunshots. According to the news she was possibly bipolar and schizophrenic and definitely suffering from post partum depression. Her boyfriend said she claimed to be a prophet, that Obama had their house in Connecticut under surveillance, and was going to have her killed soon. She hit one officer in her attempt to ram the barricade at the white house before she fled, then tried to back up and run over another one after she wrecked so they finally opened fire and killed her :confused: When they got to the car they found her baby in the back seat, luckily he wasnt hurt.

3 Likes

Thats sad.

On another note, DC is one of the most surveilled cities in the world, with most of the city being watched through agents or security cameras.

Apr. 27th mind blowing random thought of the day: A person weighs more when the lights are on than when they are off, as the body absorbs photons emitted by the light.

9 Likes

Nick is a nickname. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Ran across this earlier…

5 Likes

Apr. 28th mind blowing random thought of the day: “Lalochezia” is the word used to describe the emotional relief one feels after using swear words, typically out of anger or pain.

8 Likes

https://youtu.be/4Dgv9c20l0A :joy:

I knew it was thing :thinking::sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

“Swaffelen” is a dutch term that means to hit ones penis repeatedly against an object or another person, usually on the cheek (upper cheeks or lower ones, take ur pick lol) it was named the “word of the year” in Belgium and the Netherlands in 2008 :laughing:

2 Likes

Also, Doctor Doom and John Wick both die at the end of Avengers: Endgame! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Crazy Dutch word :joy:

1 Like

I must be exceptionally angry than…

1 Like

Inheritance is like your relatives dropping loot when they die :thinking:

1 Like

Apr. 29th mind blowing random thought of the day: There exist 2 ATM machines in Antarctica, but only 1 of them works at a time. If the first one breaks down, the other can be dismantled for parts, and a repairman will visit every 2 years to perform routine maintenance.

8 Likes

Apr. 30th mind blowing random thought of the day: Author Edgar Allan Poe’s famous poem “The Raven” was in its first draft entitled “The Parrot.”

7 Likes

A parrot makes more sense! But i guess isnt scarier.

1 Like

Ha! Parrots don’t inspire fear, generally. :parrot:

1 Like

Maybe if it were a pirate story…

May 1st mind blowing random thought of the day: In Leonardo di Vinci’s painting “The Last Supper,” Judas Iscariot is depicted as having spilled the salt, which is a sign of bad luck.

5 Likes

Tomorrow, 500 years ago Leonadro died…May 2nd 1519…did you know?

5 Likes