Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

May 20th mind blowing random thought of the day: According to Fitness Magazine, Grover Cleveland was the unhealthiest president in U.S. history. At around 250lbs, he was the second heaviest person to hold office after President William Howard Taft, who weighed about 330lbs, and had a high penchant for drinking beer and smoking cigars.

8 Likes

May 21st mind blowing random thought of the day: Adolf Fick, who invented the first contact lens in 1888, was inspired for the idea after having a popcorn kernel get stuck in his teeth.

10 Likes

Some random tidbits I found mindblowing today:

There is on average only 18 minutes of action play in an average 3 hour game of baseball

Farm raised salmon is dyed pink, because of their diet it’s naturally white

Queen Elizabeth has had the same body double for 30 years, she does all the queen would do as a walk through to make sure it’s perfect, but she is only allowed to squat over the royal throne instead of sitting

Fruit loops are all the same flavor, regardless of color

Corn often has an even number of rows

67% of people with gym memberships don’t use them (this number goes up if you sign up during the new year rush)

6 Likes

May 22nd mind blowing random thought of the day: A platypus swims with its eyes closed.

10 Likes

May 22nd mind blowing random thought of the day: Platypus.

5 Likes

I know. Marsupials are all sorts of wacked out.

1 Like

I do believe if I could find a way to combine Tater Tots and Pizza Rolls into a single bite-sized bit of snack Nirvana, I would be quite content.

3 Likes

When you do, if you could partner with a distributor with operations in Canada, I would be most grateful. But also fat. Hmmm.

2 Likes

Mos Def. Mos Def.

1 Like

Just like in the public throne rooms…:grin:

5 Likes

May 23rd mind blowing random thought of the day: Considered to be a form of animal cruelty, the use of fish bowls to house pet goldfish is forbidden in Rome, Italy.

8 Likes

It also often has an odd number of rows.

2 Likes

I’d say it’s about 50/50

2 Likes

Its 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

3 Likes

We can learn to get really good at “playing the hand we’ve been dealt” in life.

We can be dealt pocket aces or a 2 - 7 offsuit at the start of the game (say texas holdem). In life the hand never changes. We just learn to play it better as the players around us and their hands change. We just learn more about ourselves, and how to play to our strengths, when to bluff, to fold, to go all in. Pocket aces is an easier life to play, but even then it’s not guaranteed. It takes more skill to win with a 2 - 7, and more patience but there are always opportunities if we stay aware and watch carefully. Just a thought :wink:

May 24th mind blowing random thought of the day: A small percentage of the static seen on nonfunctioning TV stations is left over radiation from the Big Bang, the residual effects of the early universe.

This isnt me prescribing to the Big Bang theory. It’s just what the current science is saying.

5 Likes

May 25th mind blowing random thought of the day: Humans have a dominant nostril that they breathe through more than the other, and it changes sides approx. every 4 hours.

6 Likes

Unless ur a cokehead, then it changes about every 30 minutes or so lol

8 Likes

May 26th mind blowing random thought of the day: Deer do not have a gallbladder.

4 Likes

That’s pretty mind blowing!

1 Like