Moderator spots are now open! (2023)

After a discussion with the moderator team, we’re opening up those two slots for new moderators to join the team.

What moderators do:

• They evaluate flagged posts. They agree or disagree that a post is inappropriate when flagged.
  • They respond to direct messages from members who need assistance
  • They tidy up and organize the forum when they see it is needed
  • They provide advice and guidance to new members
  • They show off their cool mod badge everywhere they post

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about moderation here on Talking Sober.

As in the past, we are doing this on a volunteer basis. Members need to volunteer themselves, and while it’s nice to see that other members recommend or encourage each other to be mods, those won’t be considered unless the person does it themself. We’ll discuss each person who nominates themself on an individual basis, but generally, it’s a good idea (for you and for the community) if you have a decent amount of sobriety. Experience helps a lot when dealing with the many newcomers we tend to see.

If you feel that this is something that would be good for you and your recovery and that you can make a meaningful difference here, leave a post below or message any of the @moderators and you’ll be considered for the position. I’ll leave the applications open for a week.

(P.S. I’ve shamelessly copied most of this post from the previous one. I feel it’s nice and concise :slight_smile: )

21 Likes

Whoa, whoa, simmer down now. Don’t y’all jump up at once. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

I want benefits and paternity leave

29 Likes

Also, linking the past few new mod discussions for good measure!

2022 new mod discussion
2021 new mod discussion
2020 new mod discussion

5 Likes

We can offer you something to keep you busy and sober. Is that alright? Comes with memes too.

15 Likes

d5d

14 Likes

26ufjFk8J2dGlUnkY

22 Likes

Its a great way to give back. It has been extremely rewarding

12 Likes

@SassyRocks would make a good moderator.
Same with @Thirdmonkey and @Eke.

18 Likes

:joy::joy:

There’s a pretty well respected fella that I’ve seen on the forum for a while now, he would be an invaluable asset :wink: Think his username is @AyBee :thinking:

18 Likes

I’ve seen him around.
I heard he smells funny and eats the seeds in passionfruit.
Weirdo

20 Likes

Ahhh so he’ll fit right in then! We’re all alittle wonderfully weird in our own unique way :laughing:

4 Likes

I heard he eats corn the long way and puts ketchup on his steak.

9 Likes

Bet the steak is well done too.
What a jerk

9 Likes

I didn’t realise the showing off was so noticeable :laughing::crazy_face:

It is a good perk tho.

If anyone would like to chat about what it is like being a mod, what is involved, or have a specific question or concern, do give any of us a shout. Either send one of us or @moderators a PM, or ask here!

10 Likes

I believe @Cjp @Dazercat and @CATMANCAM would be good moderators

24 Likes

I second these good folks. I hope they consider.

9 Likes

Soooo many good candidates, with long term sobriety to boot… @AyBee @RosaCanDo @HoofHearted @TMAC @Dazercat @Deelzebub @les @Cjp @Diamonster @Becsta to name a few. I know I’m forgetting many

29 Likes

All very good people! Let’s not forget about you… yes you @Salty

15 Likes