NA Beer Discussion

I’m 22 days sober and have stayed clear of NA beers just because I think, at least for now, that flavor will make me want the real thing, but I was curious what the consensus is on NA beer in the sober community. Thanks for responding.

7 Likes

For me, it’s a waste of calories and a slippery slope; there’s a thousand better things to drink.

7 Likes

I feel it’s a slippery slope for me too.

My son likes them and he’s ok with it. And he’s got 6-7 years sober.
I guess everyone is different.

But at only 22 days under your belt your addict mind could get the best of you.
GIVE ME WHAT I WANT !!!

5 Likes

Congrats on your days sober!!!

This is a pretty hot topic, if you use the little magnifying glass at the top of the screen you will find a TON of threads on it.

Welcome to the Forum!

2 Likes

My apologies for not searching the forum, but I appreciate all the helpful responses. I don’t plan on indulging but a friend brought it up and I was just curious what the general feeling for it was.

6 Likes

No need to apologize. Some ppl can handle them everyone’s journey is different… when I got sober about 4 months in I had a couple here and there and was fine… then I stopped and had 456 days and decided to drink them again eventually leading to the real thing… are mind and thinking are always changing one day we might be fine and be able to have them then the next day do the same and want them. Ultimately I don’t think anything makes us relapse, alot of time we just subconsciously make up the mind and don’t care about the consequences. Sobriety is challenging but it’s very much worth it

3 Likes

I like em when I’m out. I stopped buying them for the house because I started finding myself thinking “well if I can just have two of these, I can just have two real beers.”

1 Like

Nah, you don’t need to apologize, it’s all good! There have just been very good discussions that are worth checking out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried them early on in earlier sobriety attempts. I can definitely see that they mess with one’s head to drive cravings for the real deal. But everyone is different. Honestly not worth the calories, as others have pointed out.

1 Like

I tried it for awhile, but as time went I had the urge for the real thing. So I just quit that too, but it may be different for others.

Lead me back to the real thing I would stay clear

Dont drink it will lead you back to real beer

I was a big beer drinker and have been sober for 6 mos. I started off substituting the 8 or 10 beers I would drink on a normal night with NA, and I still drink them but only 1 or 2 after work now. Everyone is different and has different triggers. There’s not a right way or wrong way as long as you stay strong and sober

1 Like

Everyone’s journey is different. My sponsor actually reset her sobriety date after drinking n/a beers. She looked at her motives and the motives were to feel like she was drinking without the buzz. She knew then she was on a slippery slope as she was romanticizing drinking. For me, I’ve never tried them and don’t want to. Personally I’m not interested in even taking that chance it may lead me back to a drink. I’ve seen it happen too many times for me to take that risk. My grandmother bought me some once so I could “drink” with the family-I thanked her and absolutely passed. Two of her 4 kids died from alcoholism, including my dad. I don’t have any desire to even pretend to drink with the family anymore.

Congrats on your 22 days, that’s fantastic!! :heart:

1 Like