Need hobbies

need some hobbies to keep my mind off my addiction, anyone know anything you can do for a while with essentially just a computer

6 Likes

Good morning, ive started this hobby painting by numbers and this really helps me.
I just found this site for usa Paint by Numbers USA | Fast Shipping | CANVAS by Numbers – Canvas by Numbers just to let you know how it looks like :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im getting back into bonsai plants. My mother inlaw got me a chia pet for my birthday and it sparked my interest again. Thats my biggest hurdle is getting bored. Live at the beach in NC and winters are boring. My wife also got me a puzzle for Christmas and that takes up time. Guess you gotta look around for stuff, boredom is a big trigger. Hey best of luck and keep us posted on what you come up with.

2 Likes

it would be great if the newcomers search for existing threads before asking the same for the umteenth time. there are dozens of threads on hobbies. use the searchfunction.

1 Like

get off the computer. go for a walk. help a neighbour. listen to music. draw.

3 Likes

Welcome to Talking Sober (TS)! It’s a good idea to find activities you enjoy to fill the time you used to spend using. It’s a question and topic that comes up a lot here when people are new in sobriety, as you can imagine. Here are some other threads with ideas of things to occupy your time.

Sober Hobbies

Share your hobbies

How to find new friend groups or start new hobbies

Alternatively, you can use the magnifying glass at the top toolbar to search any specific interests you might have to see if others have posted about them in the past. We have threads on topics like houseplants, gardening, cooking/food, exercise, etc. Hope this helps and hope to see you around!

7 Likes

Just wanted to say hello Nolan and welcome to TS. You’ll find plenty to do here and you’ll find most people to be pretty helpful if you have questions.

My suggestions is consuming sobriety related content if you’re early in recovery. Best wishes to you :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Plenty out there if you look ,join a club or take up a sport , i love my garden play the guitar and FIFA 23 on my PS ,Go for long walks im active in AA i 12 step ,sponsor, and talk at meetings , travel alot aswell . wish you well

4 Likes