Runners in 2023 - 5K/10K/13.1/26.2/Ultra

It feels great!

4 Likes

Awesome! I like that goal🙂

1 Like

3 Likes

Did a tempo run for the first part and then did my own thing for the last few miles. I almost hit a Pr for my 10K. A minute too slow. It was a really good run. My body and breathing felt good

3 Likes

My first time doing ladder work…. It was interesting, not terrible but hard work

3 Likes

20231222_210904

4 Likes

Yesterday

Today

I have been having such a hard time running since having covid. Today was hard effort. I set out fast and tried to keep it there but I couldn’t. It’s very discouraging. I talked to a pharmacist friend and he said it could be like this for months and I just have to
wade through it :unamused::cry: Positive for today is all the miles are under 11 minutes

4 Likes

@Runningfree You’re logging miles, building up the muscles. Not wasted effort! Good job!

I read a line from an older runner one time. He said, “true enjoyment in running comes when you leave the stopwatch at home”. I get what he’s saying. I have started leaving my earbuds home (sometimes) and try to just enjoy the sounds of nature. Someday I’ll care less about the time and just enjoy the journey. But, that day is not near, so I totally relate to your frustration!

2 Likes

I am on break from work until the 3rd. I’m setting a goal of 50 miles next week. I’ve never done that much, but I think I’m ready.

I’m going to try and post daily updates here to keep myself accountable. I’ve been struggling a bit lately and need to stay vigilant over this break. I LOVE having this much time off, but it can be dangerous toward my goals.

2 Likes

Naked running (not literally naked but without any devices), I heard a programme on the radio ages ago about a women who used to love running in her younger years but then just fell out of love with it. A friend suggested to her to try ‘naked running’, just put your trainers on and go for a run, no plan, no time constraints, no checking all the stats, just go for a run at a pace you feel comfortable with. She gave it a go and was hooked again.
I’ve just started again and although I am taking a watch because I use it to stream my music, I’m not checking it at all until I get home and all the info’s uploaded to my phone.

2 Likes

True. You right. I went without headphones today and even though I have my watch I generally don’t look at it till I’m done when it’s a hard effort. I go with how my body feels. I think I’m just frustrated because it took me sooooo long to get where I am pace wise and it feels like I’ve taken steps backwards

2 Likes

My SIL got me this off my Christmas list. I’m super excited to read it

7 Likes

Please share your review!

1 Like

My run from yesterday.

It was hard as hell run, i dont know why exactly. Weather? My mental state? Physical state? Fuck knows, I was just happy when I was back home :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My MIL got me a walmart gift card so I did what any responsible runner would and got a new water vest and bottle to go with it. I currently have the kind that has the bladder in the back but it’s on its last leg and I’ve been eyeing the ones with the bottle for a while

6 Likes

7 Likes

Kept forgetting to press start on my watch, finally remembered and did 5.7km today. And got my number and tag and everything for the race on the 8th. :muscle:

4 Likes

Awesome Pace!:astonished:

1 Like

Hey,

A bit late to the party but I also love running. Its my most important tool in my sober toolbox. I completed my third marathon this year at Brighton (England) and was my second in under 4 hours. Ive suffered from niggling injuries this year and this contributed towards relapse. Ever since I’ve been fighting to get fit and back on the sober bus. Just a little bit of runners knee now but am hoping this is the last of it. Good to be here :muscle:

7 Likes

My hip and back aren’t perfect but I feel super fit. Running through mud and deep puddles tonight, I did my first half marathon since last summer. Brilliant feeling.

14 Likes