Running in Recovery in 2024

Thanks!

Unfortunately i don’t have any snacks, never use them. Maybe there I will be able to buy some.

1 Like

Quitting booze has saved me. My health stats all improving. I now have a health age 10 years younger than I am.

Running has been at the centre of this. It’s helped my PTSD too and I think is helping me become a better person.

8 Likes

Have fun!! You got this :running_woman:t2::confetti_ball: I agree with @Runner4 if you have done 17 you can do the half. It’s not that much further. I like the cliff block chews personally. I’ve heard of people using gummy bears in case you don’t want to try out the chews

3 Likes

Good old jelly babies! Always do the trick!

2 Likes

I ran 3 kilometres today after a mile swim. It’s getting there slowly for me again after stumbling on the C25K.

I’m back. Will start on week five again next week as running for twenty minutes is fine, I’ve done it twice this week :grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

Injured leg seems to be recovered well. Started to run again. Weather is great! :sunny:

20240303_153156

6 Likes

Hell yeah!

11 Likes

Hell yea!!! You’re fast too!!! :running_woman:t2: Great job :clap:

3 Likes

Awesome. Well done

3 Likes

HELL YEAH!!! Awesome job and congrats!!! Looks like it was a gorgeous day for your race!!!

3 Likes

Awesome!

Have you signed up for your next one already?:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hell yeah! Congrats @Mischa84

2 Likes

Thank you @Runningfree @MrFantastik @Runner4 @Gorden @Cjp, your support means a lot to me :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Whats next? Any more events planned?

Incredible and really fast! :muscle:t3:

Congratulations @Mischa84 ! Great job! I’m so happy for you! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

Week4 run 3 cto5k

4 Likes

Another PT appt tomorrow but I am going to talk to her about the Runna app I found and see if she thinks I can start on it next week. They have multiple different plans and I found a post injury one that is less than 2 miles on 3 days for the first week. The very first one is a 5 minute walk and then 1 minute run/ 1 minute walk intervals with a 5 minute walk after. My foot is still tight but not painful and I feel ready to slowly ease back into it. I guess we shall see what she says :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Thats precisely the type of restart to running my podiatrist recommended. Another thing he added was not too much in the way of hill, I guess it puts extra strain through the calves.
Heres hoping you get the ok from the PT.
Good luck

2 Likes

Got the clearance to start the 6 week post injury plan :partying_face::tada::running_woman:t2::heart::partying_face: I will start it next tuesday!! I’ll still be in PT and she said if there is any pain I have to stop immediately

8 Likes