Running in Recovery in 2024

Annoyed that I forgot to take a pic of my treadmill today, but ran 2.5 miles. Just a quick workout. :sunglasses:
images-1

9 Likes

Gotta love a quick run; Haha - buddy….lol

4 Likes

35 min. :running_woman:

6 Likes

So today was a first meeting and running of new runners sports club called ‘‘TEMPLE Social Club’’
It was rainy day - perfect for run :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :smiling_face: :hugs:

GIF_20240414_133256_117

9 Likes

A running club is getting started here but I haven’t been able to make any of the meet ups yet. I’m excited and nervous. I’ve never done a group run before

4 Likes

Hi all,
I started just today with the app from zero to 5 k.
So did week 1, day 1.
I am a formal runner and used to run half a marathon untill my right knee said: find yourself a new hobby :face_with_peeking_eye:
Have had multiple therapy and doctors, and also dito diagnoses. Filled in the gap with walking, but tried running multiple times in the hope I could resume it. But every time my knee hurts and so I quit.
My last time is years ago so here’s for new beginings :facepunch:

So far so good :wink:

11 Likes

Meg_Takacs has videos on instagram and tiktok that are really helpful accessory work for us runners. She has a few videos about knee pain specifically

1 Like

Thank you! I will look into it :+1:

1 Like

I hadn’t realized that the old running thread was cancelled and was wondering about the missing postings.:thinking:

I have started running 10 k—two times until now—to prepare for a 6.5 k run in June. These additional 3.5 k to my regular stretch of 6.5 k gave me extreme muscle soreness, and I do not know why. :man_shrugging:t3:

Maybe someone had a similar experience? Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

This was super good stuff!! One of those good endorphin runs :running_woman:t2::heart::partying_face:

7 Likes

No it’s still there! Just moved the last 3 (mine and 2 reactions on it) to this one because I didn’t want to post on both :face_with_peeking_eye:
Just choose the most active one. It was also some praction for myself as moderator :hugs:
Sorry if I confused anybody by it.

3 Likes

Sunday funday

5 Likes

Are you planning on doing another 5k, or are you just following a plan to get back into it? I’ve thought about doing another run myself; last one was a half in 2019 and then the world shut down lol.

Congrats on your progress so far! :hugs:

3 Likes

I’m just following a plan to get back to 5 k.
3 days in a week and for 16 weeks :face_with_peeking_eye:
Slowly, but I hope I succeed with both knees still happy.

3 Likes

Manchester marathon today. Sore hamstring stopped me getting a PB but very pleased with 4:45:53. That’s over an hour quicker than I was 2 years ago when I was still drinking.

17 months sober today.

19 Likes

That’s great! Congratulations on both achievements!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations. Fantastic time!

2 Likes

Awesome! Congrats!

2 Likes

Great job!!! I hope you had a blast!

1 Like

Yeah the hamstring tugging held me back but it was exciting. And with 32,000 runners and 100,000 spectators the atmosphere was brilliant too.

5 Likes