Running in Recovery in 2024

Yesterday’s run. First long one since November! I forgot how therapeutic running can be. I had shifted gears entirely towards lifting weights but I think I’m going back hybrid.

6 Likes

Ahhh i was so excited to do my day 3 run of my couch 2 5k but i think i pulled something at the gym this am. My drive wanted me to finish the run but my body and intuition said rest it. Left knee and left buttock. This sucks.

@Runningfree how are you doing girlie?

2 Likes

I’m ok. Still not running. I found a new app I want to try out when I get back to it. It’s called Runna. It has different plans and sets up the run and pace for you. I’ve heard good things about it on the fb runners page.

Is it the back of your leg that’s hurting? Might be your hamstring

3 Likes

Aww i hope pt helps. Yeah might be the hamstring but i cant find the right stretch. Im over here like gumby

2 Likes

I love these guys. They have tons of different videos on various topics.

I think PT is helping. My foot mostly just feels tight now. Hell I hiked almost 15 miles over the past few days and my foot is really tight but not painful

5 Likes

Well that seems like a very good sign!

3 Likes

Today I will run my first ever half marathon! Longest distance till now is 19km. I couldn’t run much last few weeks so I feel unprepared but some days ago I ran 17km so I think with all that ppl around and excitement I can do 21, hopefully.
Any tips?
It’s 10:30 here, race starts at 1. I’m a bit stressed, not gonna lie :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Good luck!! Mind over matter - if you’ve done 17, you can definitely push through the final 4K to the finish!!!

Do you have any chews or gu that you like? I’ve found that something’s having your own snackie on-hand (in addition to whatever is available on the course) for the last 5k can give you a little boost :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks!

Unfortunately i don’t have any snacks, never use them. Maybe there I will be able to buy some.

1 Like

Quitting booze has saved me. My health stats all improving. I now have a health age 10 years younger than I am.

Running has been at the centre of this. It’s helped my PTSD too and I think is helping me become a better person.

8 Likes

Have fun!! You got this :running_woman:t2::confetti_ball: I agree with @Runner4 if you have done 17 you can do the half. It’s not that much further. I like the cliff block chews personally. I’ve heard of people using gummy bears in case you don’t want to try out the chews

3 Likes

Good old jelly babies! Always do the trick!

2 Likes

I ran 3 kilometres today after a mile swim. It’s getting there slowly for me again after stumbling on the C25K.

I’m back. Will start on week five again next week as running for twenty minutes is fine, I’ve done it twice this week :grin::grin::grin:

6 Likes

Injured leg seems to be recovered well. Started to run again. Weather is great! :sunny:

20240303_153156

6 Likes

Hell yeah!

11 Likes

Hell yea!!! You’re fast too!!! :running_woman:t2: Great job :clap:

3 Likes

Awesome. Well done

3 Likes

HELL YEAH!!! Awesome job and congrats!!! Looks like it was a gorgeous day for your race!!!

3 Likes

Awesome!

Have you signed up for your next one already?:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hell yeah! Congrats @Mischa84

2 Likes