Shout Outs

Shout out to my girl @anon37742172. You stepped up and took over SMART, and I couldn’t be more grateful. As @Englishd and T. Swift say, “haters gonna hate hate hate hate.” You have been here for me since you joined. We all adore you!!!

6 Likes

Just a shout out to anyone who feels like they don’t belong here. I want you to know that your presence is important. We are all broken. We are all flawed. Addiction has made us filled with pride and we need more humility. Let’s all, no one excluded, try to be patient, understanding, long-suffering, and kind to each other.

13 Likes

HA! Somehow I missed this…
Hey @Englishd sings in best nickelback voice
Look at this photograaaaph
Every time I do it makes meh laaaaaaugh!

1 Like

Never forget.

2 Likes

So, so true.

1 Like

Shout out to my sober big brother (albeit younger than I) Derek @Englishd. I was in self-destruct mode, and he helped pull me out. My head is starting to clear. Thank God I didn’t drink. Or well, thanks Derek. And DO NOT get a bigger head from this! :joy:

6 Likes

Thank God was proper young lady. He did the heavy lifting. I’m glad you are better now

Just a bunch of puzzle pieces being put together to form a solid picture of sobriety.

Sobriety is a team sport, let’s all share the ball more.

4 Likes

Shout out to @MoCatt! You are always so supportive, wise and truly helpful here. You’re very real and truly inspiring!

3 Likes

Sweet Mandi - you are so kind to say so. I could easily say the same of you. I’m just really thankful to be a part of this community. You all help me on a daily basis.:heart:

3 Likes

@Rayn @Betterbee please check in

4 Likes

Shout out to @Englishd @anon37742172 @C-sun @MoCatt @MandiH @Neighbrofthebeast668 @Twowaymirror @Bill_Phillips @Hope0110 @CaptAZ

You guys have been the ones who have been the most active in my recovery. I can’t express my gratitude to you guys, even if it wasn’t much of a sacrifice for you. It’s made a world of a difference to me.

8 Likes

You are a rock star, my sober sib! Proud to know you and proud of your efforts at recovery.

2 Likes

You’re the one that’s done all the work, we just sit beside each other and work on getting better together! You’ve done great and I love how much you help others in the same addiction as well as different ones. I mostly love that we can still help each other on the different addictions too, you’re one of the people who has opened my eyes a lot while I’ve been here so I’m thankful for you also! :hugs:

2 Likes

I see you showing off your beautiful family… C’mon man you make the rest of us look bad lol

3 Likes

Better than having your mouth run you!

I have been guilty of having my mouth run me for many years.

Thanks @DungeonMaster. You’ve come to this forum and given us a great perspective that many of us may not have considered before. And your story book beautiful family is a delight to see.

5 Likes

Hahaha! I’m good at illusions then. Most of my days with my family is trying to make sure my boys aren’t joking about vaginas and penises. Tons of pictures from this week to come on my journal thread. We went camping for a family reunion.

I try to help where needed, but you guys have been the support I honestly needed! I run my mouth too. Running mouths are what I thrive on!

3 Likes

Boys will be boys. Lol.

1 Like

Thank you bro.
I feel the same way about you

1 Like

@anon37742172 & @DungeonMaster thanks guys, I try to at least be slightly better than my evil twin… what was his name? Neighbor of the “Yeast” right @CaptAZ? Haha. Seriously tho, I’m grateful for u guys as well, jessi, from the time we ended up talking about passing out on the front porch I kinda knew we were on the same level with the drinking, it was nice to hear I wasnt the only idiot who ever pulled that stunt, and as far as listening to ur problems sometimes those convos help me too, I kinda came to a few realizations about some of the screwed up things I did in the past while looking for answers to some of that stuff :slightly_smiling_face:
Rob, just so u know it you’ve helped a couple of us more than you realize too man, I never really had a firm understanding of ur addiction until u got on here, and in conversations with u and @anon46927530 I have a better understanding and know what to look out for to avoid falling prey to that addiction as well because I could see how that one could easily have become a problem with me. I read somewhere that the addicts brain has essentially been rewired to compulsively want something to fill the void and that’s very true in my case, it’s mostly been drugs but its shifted from one to the next over the years and I was fond of jumping on my high horse to proclaim how I’d beaten cocaine, then meth, and so on all the while I had shifted to the next one. The one thing that has always been consistent was the drinking so when I finally dropped it and the opiates a few months ago it left a rather huge void that I thought needed filling and I think your knowledge and insight might have prevented that from being my “next addiction” so thanks man!

Since I’m here I’ll go ahead and throw out a few myself… @C-sun thank you for that weekend word game, that was right when I got on and it hooked me and helped me make a few friends on here right out of the gate.
@Yoda-Stevie thank you for every damn thing u post on here man, hell I gain knowledge and wisdom from posts u make directed to other people lol, this place would not be the same without you. Thank you for ur service to this country too, I read that thing u posted about how becoming an officer costed u ur family the other day, I dont think your ex realized just what she gave up in that deal…ur kids are very lucky to have u man, in fact we should all be so lucky to have a dad like u! I know ur a red Sox fan but we can look past that, no ones perfect right? :grin:

@Bill_Phillips music has played a big part in my recovery this time around so thank you for the conversations and the alt rock thread man! That’s one of the few I have set to watch so I get notifications and I get excited when I see you posting something new in there.

@DowntroddenGoat u r the Mutha Effin man! Lol, somebody has to keep Derek in line and u handle that job admirably while simultaneously offering sage yoda level advice I’ve needed to hear on more than one occasion. Plus that flying lawnmower really has changed my life, it’s my go to when someone texts me bitching or crying about something now lmao.

@CaptAZ and @Englishd this forum would not be what it is without you guys either, it a pretty consistent that when a new thread pops up where someone needs some advice or has a question one of u 2 guys are the first ones to respond and your answers are always on point and inspired! D I waited til last to mention you so I could screw with ur ego lol. I’ve always been the kind of person to approach any situation with humor, especially bad shit, it’s just how I learned to deal with it and I enjoy cutting up with u and seein the dumb shit u post sometimes… so uh… Sup? What YOU doin later? Lmao :laughing:

I had avoided posting in here cuz I knew I’d forget some people and make no mistake, I have! …well, not forgotten, it’s just that this has gotten rather rambly and I know yall ain’t reading this shit anyways, and if by some chance u are ur prob wishing I’d shut the fuck up already lol, so for those of u I didnt get to, thank you all for bein my sober family and understanding me when the outside world doesn’t, I got nothin but love for all of u!

8 Likes