Skincare, makeup, and all things beauty ❤

Ive decided to start a skincare , makeup and beauty thread :tada:

I adore these topics and have so much useful advice and recommendations and reviews about so many products. So I thought it would be fun to start a thread.

Stay tuned ! :hugs::tada::heart:

22 Likes

Fun! I love all things for the lips - balm, gloss, lipstick💄, etc. what are your favorites?

1 Like

Hey @apes2020, I’m pretty excited about this! I’m struggling with my skin big time so I’ll be interested to see what you have in store!

3 Likes

My favorite lipstick is : mac -velvet teddy
Nars- dragon girl

My favorite gloss is : nars - orgasam

6 Likes

I know its cliché, but since I’ve been drinking 3 Litre’s of water a day, my skin is a million times better than what it was. It really does make a big difference. I really notice how much my skin responds when I drink less water. When I drink 3 litres a day , it is dewy and bouncy and glassy looking.

Also taking a college supplement works wonders. A great one that I’m enjoying is a creamer collagen that I put in my coffee in the mornings. Its non dairy and it tastes so yummy. Ive tested a bunch of collegen creamers, this one is by far my favorite.

Dose - caramel collegen non dairy creamer

4 Likes

Skin care wise, the products that are my every day routine go-tos , that I know my skin loves , and are not expensive, are :

Now they are the base cleaner and face moisturiser I use every day. They are drug store items. Extremely affordable and work brilliantly.

I wear make up, so I like to double cleanse, so I’m an over product user, so with this cleanser being affordable , its OK to pump out more than I would of a luxurious branded product.

This moisturiser is light , not heavy and thick. Its great for under make up. Its silky and dewy. And I love anything that is pump pack :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: it just makes life much easier Right! :tada:

I will post from least expensive to most expensive.

These are the base least expensive products that I’ve tried and tested and know to be great products for all skin types.

Next up I will do serums :heart:

7 Likes

Awesome suggestions. Adding to my cart now! Thank you!!

1 Like

The next topic I’d like to discuss is face sheet masks.

My favorite lux sheet flask at the moment is the tatcha dewy face sheet mask.

Its expensive. $18 Australian dollars a single sheet, less in america. A box of 5 is about $100

I have tried lot of different brands of face sheet masks. This is my favorite.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! I could definitely use more water throughout the day, so I’ll try to incorporate that. I really struggle with constant jaw/ neck breakouts. Can’t seem to find anything that makes a positive difference, but plenty of things make it worse. I seem to do a little better with serums that actual lotion but honestly I can’t figure it out.

1 Like

Have you tried apple cider vinegar? Fill your sink with water and a couple of good glubs from the vinegar, close eyes tight and splash on face for a minute or so.
Your skin will feel brand new!

4 Likes

I have not, but I’m willing to try anything! Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Jaw/chin line break outs tend to be hormone based. Is it only around that time of the month it happens or all the time? Also your pillow cases can affect that area. Be sure to wash with sensitive wash pods once a week.

If it is a very serious issue, you can get prescribed retinod/ retinol for it

3 Likes
2 Likes

Next is my current favorite pallette:

Benefit :heart:

3 Likes

I’m f’ing loving this thread. More please! I’ll post some of what I’ve used tomorrow, but you’re way more experienced than I am, @apes2020.

1 Like

Yay :tada::hugs::heart:

To start with, I’m posting the everyday basics that I have tried and know to be true winners.

And if there’s anyone reading the thread that I’s new to playing with make up, everything I post will be fail safe products that aren’t difficult to use.

I generally buy new products every two weeks so when I come across new cult buys that are winners, I’ll be posting :heart:

In the mean time, I have a ton of everyday make up to recommend.

Glad your enjoying ! :hugs:

2 Likes

And yes for sure definetly post what ever your already using that you love and want to share. Can’t wait to see them :heart:

I watch ALOT of beauty youtubers so ive got years of accumulated info in my mind to share lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

For tinted moisturizer bases, my go-to ride or die is the nars tinted moisturizer in st Moritz. Its by far the best in coverage for a tinted moisturizer and is glowy and dewy. Nars has also just released a bunch of new shades , even though the product has been around for many years and is a fan favorite amongst many. My shade is st Moritz.

The second ride or die tinted moisturiser I adore is the bare minerals complexion rescue. Its amazing. High coverage but sets to a slight matte tint with a bit of dewy gloss to its finish. Its fantastic. My shade is desert.

3 Likes

I’m loving this thread! Eyeshadow, highlighter, and mascara is probably what I spend the most money on makeup wise. I love Colourpop palettes, they’re so nice and pigmented and easy on the wallet. I’m definitely going to try some of the products posted above though, and I’ll be trying that apple cider vinegar thing tomorrow! :apple:

2 Likes

I second the bare minerals tinted moisturizer. The best!

1 Like