Smelling Sober - perfume, cologne, body spray, etc. FREE QUIZ INSIDE! šŸ˜†

When I was younger, my mother briefly sold Avon, which left me completely disillusioned in the fragrance department until about seven years ago while browsing through a duty free store. Before then perfume = ā€œweird old lady smell.ā€ :laughing: So beyond the very occasional scented lotion (that someone else probably gave me), I didnā€™t care much for fragrance.

Like everything else I ā€œdiscoverā€, I researched fragrances to death (which at one point included going to different stores and interviewing different perfume sales people :laughing:). I also ended up with quite the collection.

This thread is inspired by @apes2020ā€™s beauty thread (link below) and will function as a ā€œsister threadā€ to it. Iā€™d love to see what fragrances other people use whether itā€™s a type of perfume, cologne, lotion, body spray, soap, or whatever.

What kind of fragrance person are you? (you can choose up to five :laughing: .

• I love perfume/cologne and probably have WAY too many bottles.
  • I have several bottles of perfume/cologne so that I can switch things up when I feel like it.
  • I have a signature scent and rarely branch out.
  • Thereā€™s something available for special occasions.
  • Body spray/mist.
  • Scented lotion
  • Bacon is my daily scent, but on special occasions I BBQ to shake things up.
  • AXE BODY SPRAY.
  • I try not to bathe so that my natural scent can build up. I smell like roses.
  • I am that perfume lady. I part massive crowds like Moses parted the Red Sea.
  • Old Spice. I try to smell like the man your man could smell like.
  • Itā€™s a surprise. Pull my finger to find out.
  • I donā€™t keep perfume/cologne in the house after that one drunken binge where I drank what I had. The memory keeps me sober to this day.
  • My sobriety counter says I smell like success.
  • Do breath mints count?
  • Febreze. Follow me for more parenting tips.
  • I donā€™t use any kind of fragrance.

0 voters

6 Likes

Drakkar Noir, for years now.

I donā€™t care if itā€™s often regarded as outdated or tacky. Itā€™s masculine and nice. Maybe I smell like a 90s Dad. Since itā€™s apparently also not really ā€œin fashionā€ like it once was, perhaps it makes me unique on some level.

Related note: In college I knew a woman who, if she had been in a room and left even 30 mins before you got there ā€“ you could smell that she had been there. Remember folks, you wanna smell like it, not stink of it!

11 Likes

The choices on your poll have me cracking up! :rofl:
I recall one of the regulars posting about spending the money they saved in sobriety on colognes and had quite a collection. Was it you @anon53116147?

10 Likes

I dont know what brand ā€œIā€ use. Ms. Monkey got it for me. She wont let me squirt myself with it. I guess I was a little heavy handed with itā€¦lol

15 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::man_facepalming::joy::joy::joy::joy::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Portabello Road - Eden Brighton.

I reckon I am stinky half hour lady. Iā€™m pretty heavy handed with the old spraying.

8 Likes

Lā€™eau Dā€™Issey - Issey Miyake

Used it forever.

6 Likes

Yes lol I have probably a little over 1,000 in Cologne. My most expensive bottle is creed aventus, a guy a while back was going to buy me a bottle he said, I didnā€™t feel right but he gifted me a little to try and after that I was sold so I had to buy a bottle and it was like 400 bucks ,:grimacing: but so worth it, lasts all day long.

7 Likes

Black XS from Paco Rabanne was my first perfume. The one below is my second bottle of it and probably my last. They changed the recipe and it just doesnā€™t smell the same.

I never liked the design on the front so I kept the bottle turned around for a long time. :laughing:

Iā€™m really partial to the vanilla, patchouli undertones that it dries down to. The top notes used to be a little more musky/pepper/cocaoy, but now I get a soapy/powder top note from this new bottle that has gotten stronger over time. Itā€™s such a shame.

6 Likes

Oh my god, Creed is amazing, though itā€™s definitely a splurge. I have a 75ml bottle of Sublime Vanille and I donā€™t keep it with my other bottles, but instead I keep it downstairs in a cool closet to help preserve it. I used to store it with my home bar next to the wine. :laughing:

Edit: What are some of your other favorites? If you ever feel like taking a picture of your collection and showing it off in this thread, Iā€™d love to see it.

1 Like

I dunno. Iā€™m convinced she bathed in it. I reckon youā€™re fine! And if not, who cares? Doesnā€™t hurt anyone!

Became a bit of a running joke in the music dept: ā€œHow long since Lizz left?ā€ :joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using 24 Faubourg by Hermes for decades now and Chanel No. 5 all my life, it was my first perfume and I still love it :blush::pig_nose:
And the vote made me laugh :+1::rofl:

3 Likes

I used to have sooo many perfumes lmao like over kill. I used to buy them for cheap off of a booster way back when. I actually got rid of alot of them recently. But Gucci Guiltyā€¦ thatā€™s probably my favorite perfume that I still wear. But for body lotions and such I love coconut, vanilla, warm scents sort of. I love lavender scented stuff too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh gosh, I love them all :joy:. I also have a nice bottle of jimmy choo, Giorgio Armani, I have a couple Paco rabanne, a bunch lol, I definitely will take a pic at some point. My second favorite to creed Is bvgarli man wood neroli. Iā€™ll have to check out the sublime the next time I have cashā€¦. I was really big into my collection for a while, kept track of scents what was better for winter and summer, but definitely lost touch after my relapse.

4 Likes

Yes I have all those as well lol definitely good stuff

2 Likes

By the way.

Stuck in my head since reading your post.

I donā€™t mind though, criminally underrated Disney movie. Never hear anyone talk about it anymore. A lifelong favorite.

4 Likes

Ha! Canā€™t beat a bit of bobbing along.

3 Likes

Owwwww I LOVEEEEE this thread idea!! :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

My four signature sents areā€¦

I wear them for different reasons.

JPG is for work. Itā€™s lighter.

Gypsy water is for early morning coffee runs or gym. Itā€™s lighter.

Obsession is for evenings. Itā€™s heavier.

And Michael kors is a 24/7 any time fragrance. That one is my long term signature. Iā€™ve worn it for 20 plus years.

9 Likes

Oh I love perfumes.

Usually during the day Iā€™ll wear Delta Goodrem Dreams - it has a light coconut undertone and I absolutely love it.

On days Iā€™m feeling stressed I like to wear a Harmony essential oil blend.

If Iā€™m feeling fancy Iā€™ll wear Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue

7 Likes