Sober selfies

My hero!!! Congrats!!!

You look different with the facial hair. I like it, it suits you. Different from your profile pic. Clean and sober is the way to go!!!

1 Like

Hey, was taking me a year to get to the top of the thread to post my pic so I am just responding to yours. Any tips on how to post without scrolling up through thousands of posts??

22 Likes

Awesome thanks! My mom is a 10 year survivor. I do the relay with her every year. Many people I know and love have been effected by cancer

2 Likes

I am out of likes - but congratulations on being a survivor!!!

By the way, I am Jessica Lynn lol

1 Like

When ur looking at the list of threads on the main page instead of clicking on the name look all the way to the right…the top number is the total number of replies on the thread, the bottom gray and smaller number is how many minutes, hours, or days ago the last reply was…click on that bottom number and it’ll bring u into the thread at the last reply.

Thank you! So I should click on the last reply and reply to them? Or there is another way to join the convo without replying?

Once you get to the bottom of the thread by doing what @Neighbrofthebeast668 posted, there’s a blue reply button that will reply to the thread rather than to the post above you.

1 Like

Sweet, thanks

Wow that must have been very traumatic. I have a friend who is a survivor and she is 26. She is in counseling because it left her with some issues that she was having difficulty with like anxiety and OCD from her need to feel a sense of control and her fear that something was wrong every time her body was doing something seemingly unusual. I’m proud of you for getting sober :heart:️ much love

I let it grow now til it’s on my shoulders again :blush:

Awww thank you that’s very kind. I was having a particularly good day that day. I don’t look so fresh today :joy:

1 Like

This is a great place to be. I have reached a point in my life where I understand and accept that my life may not be perfect, but it is pretty darn great. It is mine to make the most of. I find myself frequently counting my blessings, and I now tend to focus on what’s right and good, rather than wrong and bad. I’ve quit chastising myself for mistakes in judgement, and put down those “I shoulda’s” , which only generate regrets and negative thoughts. I’ve quit trying to rack up “resume virtues” and now focus on “eulogy” and “legacy” virtues.

And in matters of the heart, I am living proof that a divorce, while painful, is also an opportunity to grow and meet the “One”. The other day, over breakfast, I found myself looking into my wife’s face. She was a bit unsettled and said “what?”. I said “I was just thinking how I never tire of your face. 20 years, and it still makes my heart skip.” I meant it, and she was smiling all day.

Yes, I am in a very good place.

4 Likes

Adulting…somedays just not feeling it…

16 Likes

Well I never! I worked in Gillingham for years and never had any idea there was such an amazing sight on the coast.

Elevators broken, only 1 way up

18 Likes

I switch weekly…long hair, short hair, beard, clean shaven…my look changes like my attitude :joy:

A good hair day!
30 days since last relapse. :heart:️

35 Likes

Like an American Girl Doll…perfection.