Sponsor or someone to talk to

HI, im very new here, if i wanted someone to talk to here and there or when in need, do you know of a place or someone to call ? Im not in AA and not interested going. i found this site and its great !!! but talking to someone would be good for me as well.

6 Likes

I guess this is the place. You just post. A sponsor is someone you’d have in AA if you wanted. More info on that look up sponsorship via the :mag_right: up top.

Welcome!

Some threads you might like:

Your #1 tip for sobriety (over 2 years sober)

Resources for our recovery

Checking in daily to maintain focus #64

3 Likes

Hi, Izzy. I know it would be grand if there was a person you could talk to in real daily life. But TS is active 24/7. And if you want to, you can use the messaging system here . Works pretty well, especially if in same time zone. I live in the Midwest United States. Can message back and forth if you’d like.

2 Likes

Hey there. New to this myself. Really need someone I can actually be honest and walk with. I swear I’m not a fake person, nor am
I one of those buff guys trying to get with you. Lmfao. I’m gay living in Arkansas and needing SOMEONE I can talk to. God knows I can’t talk to my family or husband.

Messaging system ? Like I find someone in my zone and just send them a random message ?

No, within this app you can send other people a message. I will message you .

1 Like

You can private message people on here. But, just making a post on here will work. Ive decided im absolutely going to use this to help me. Seems to be very active.

1 Like

Hi Izzy, I’m Claudia and I just saw you on the selfie thread and was admiring your ink there :upside_down_face:
Like others already have mentioned you can pm people by click on their profile name and then on “message”. Simple as that :grin:
What I found very supportive in my recovery is this active thread:Checking in daily to maintain focus #64 The first year of my recovery I was active there every day to talk about how my day went. It’s also the place I go to when I would have cravings. So feel free to join!
If you have more questions, just ask!
We are from all around the world (I’m Dutch for example) so there is always someone awake to respond :grin:

See you around Izzy! :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

thank you soo much thats amazing :slight_smile: have a wonderful day

1 Like

Hi, this site is my AA and my sober support network…the peope on here are amazing!! Im on here every day and wouldnt be 18 months sober without this community. Welcome aboard :heart: :people_hugging:

1 Like

thank you I am realizing how amazing this site is and so happy i came upon it… it has helped me the last few days i cant imagine how i will feel in another 42 days :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thats great! Your so very welcome here Izzy. Id struggled for a long time with booze before i came to this place…but a community of people who are completely non judgemental and understand addiction is what made the difference for me and i hope it does the same for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like