Tell Us Something You Did To Stay SOBER Today!

grateful to read this – that goodness for some distractions! way to power through :muscle:

2 Likes

Today I cooked myself a VERY good salmon and brown rice dinner with tomatoes on the side. It was AMAZING. I put some garlic, garlic powder, salt, a pinch of black pepper, lemon, oil, basil, oregano and parsley on a 1/2lb salmon fillet. I put on parchment paper in a pan and then rubbed all the ingredients on top of the it. Baked it in the oven for 12 mins SO GOOD. If anyone feels like cooking for themselves this is a must recipe. If you want leftovers a 1lb or 1.5lbs would work too! I luv cooking especially with my health issues it’s really rewarding to make a healthy home cooked meal!

5 Likes

I made myself a fried pot roast sandwich from leftover roast from Christmas dinner that I cooked this year for the family. I then enjoyed a cup of Oreos and milk for dessert. I’ve allowed myself to enjoy sweets this year in place of alcohol. I’ve decided in 2024 I’m going to ditch processed sugar and focus on further improving my health! I will be working on my second year of sobriety in 2024 and am excited to progress!

4 Likes

Now I’m thinking about having salmon for breakfast :smile:

2 Likes

Made art

9 Likes

This is beautiful Zoe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
You should visit the Show the artist within you (Part 2) thread … would love to see more of your work.

1 Like

Breathwork & A Cold Shower :snowflake::blush:

4 Likes

Put my DOC that people had placed in front of me out of my sight.

2 Likes

“Worked” from home but really I stayed close here and kept on reading so I could build up enough strength and courage to get through today.

3 Likes

I do my best to keep my mind active, unless I am meditating. Distraction helps. This week has been easy, but that’s probably because work is really slow because of the holidays, and therefore less stressful. I fear for what might happen when it picks up again soon.

I’ve also started taking Now Foods ashwagandha again, but I’m not sure it has helped with the cravings. I’ve taken it before and it seems to help with anxiety, so it’s probably helping at least indirectly.

I just wish I had people IRL I could talk to about it. But I don’t have shit.

2 Likes

Great work on keeping active. It really helps me keep clear of the cravings.
Knowing that work craziness may be triggering…maybe have plans in place to help you cope.
I’m sorry that you don’t have irl support. Are you able to attend any meetings or recovery groups? Possibly find a sponsor to help you? It helps finding support among others that understand the addiction struggle.

We are here for you. :people_hugging: Wishing you luck on your journey.

1 Like

Stayed home! (Safety base):heartpulse:

2 Likes

Coffee with a sober sister

3 Likes

Made myself warm milk with cinnamon and honey. It helped. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

I’m gonna go to an online smart recovery meeting on the drive home from work, instead of a podcast

7 Likes

Watered the plants to get over my cravings.

5 Likes

Cooking cooking and kitten taming today for me.

4 Likes

I just keep busy…mending the coat rack with some fixing plates to keep it steady.

I’m always looking for stuff to do. Planning ahead gives me a reason to be sober too.

5 Likes

Walked 18,000 steps with the dog today!

3 Likes