Tell Us Something You Did To Stay SOBER Today!

What are you hunting for?

I read the big book and I didn’t drink keep it simple!!!

4 Likes

After exercising and lunch worked on cleaning out clutter in office with wifey and set up new workout room. Late shower and getting ready to meditate on my deck with beautiful weather.

1 Like

Played monopoly, it was very stressful

3 Likes

Elk, deer, moose, bison, bear… Pretty much anything I can eat. I hunt for the meat and to feed my family.

4 Likes

I came here. I read stories from other alcoholics like me. And I offered a suggestion or two to these other alcoholics.
That has helped me stay sober today :wink:

5 Likes

Worked my 9-5 (though during pandemic I’m not THAT productive…more like 9-5 with a LOT of coffee breaks), finished a book, took by daughter driving (she’s practicing for her test).

I don’t do anything special. I just live everyday with gratitude. Dwelling on all the little negatives (and, really, they were little) is what made me want to drink. Recognizing and appreciating all the good really helps.

3 Likes

Took two runs/jogs outside. Talked to friends. Checked in here!

6 Likes

Memorised pi to 31,415 decimal places

5 Likes

Good job staying strong. :pray:t2: those urges don’t pop up again today. My showers have been exceptionally long and hot these days too. Usually I’m in and out. And lately I’ve even been taking my showers at 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Then a nice meditation on my deck. Everything seems screwed up these day.
Stay :muscle: today.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Great post. Please stay strong. Proud of you for getting to almost 9 days. I hope you made it! I have the same things happen. I could have a wonderful and productive day, then out of the blue, BAM. And I’m obsessing. But, good for you for finding a way to pull yourself out of it. Keep it up. Stick with the winners, as they say! :smiley:

3 Likes

Ahh isn’t it great working without a hangover… I genuinely wonder how I ever did a day’s productive work with some of the monster hangovers of the past!

7 Likes

Straight home, walk the dog, dinner with roommate, Amazon Prime and to bed

4 Likes

I made all the right choices at the right time. love it.

3 Likes

After someone here suggested to take it one day at a time, I woke up this morning and told myself I will be sober today.

9 Likes

I went for a power walk this morning and then met a friend to sit outside In the sun for a while while keeping 6 feet apart. I also made a pitcher of fresh ice tea to drink this evening and will continue to knit to keep my hands busy. That usually helps.

4 Likes

I went to work got off went to go buy a senior some since they don’t get a normal graduation then dropped it off. I feel shaky right now watching tv might go for a walk

3 Likes

Planted store bought lettuce butts (experimenting) after using the leaves for the salad. Also planted lettuce seedlings. :grin::grin::grin:
Also listened to a bunch of sappy songs.
Also drank a buttload of tea and coffee.
Also came here and wrote this stupid post and I don’t regret it.
There…

6 Likes

This sounds like an excellent plan for my day!

2 Likes

That’s the way, keep it simple. it works :+1:

1 Like