Tell Us Something You Did To Stay SOBER Today!

Today to say clean o took care of my basic human needs brushed my teeth had a shower did the bedding ,made a great meal,back to basic is where I’m at ,it’s like being a toddler and learning all over to do things the right way to keep myself well

3 Likes

I ate, watch tv and youtube videos, and stayed in a good mindset

Didnt lift a drink

6 Likes

Didn’t drink, went to a meeting. Allowing the miracles of the program of Alcoholics Anonymous work in my life by staying willing to do whatever it takes to stay sober. Having a sponsor, working the 12-step program, secretary meetings, being of service. It is that simple… :heart:

2 Likes

The mistakes I have made as the “old me” are forgiven, and I have turned them into lessons I have learned. So I cannot feel bad about having made them, I just remind myself that I am not that person anymore and everyday gives me the opportunity to renew myself.

1 Like

I am drinking ginger ale to calm my almost 3 days sober stomach

1 Like

Was on TS quite a bit today then just finished my Women’s AA zoom. Some days I do two meetings a day.

2 Likes

Pray and thank God for helping to keep me sober.

2 Likes

The program of Alcoholics Anonymous at its core, simplified… :heart:

1 Like

I keeping it simple back to basics shower,food sleep if I get that done ATM it’s a good day.selfcare has to come before anything for me without it I’m just a drug user not using .

2 Likes

Homemade tortillas until my back was screaming. Mexican beans, fajitas and all the fixings goes without saying. I am in horrible pain but satisfied. I miss Mexican food so much. Hot hot hot! I love it.

That’s an awesome book!!!

Moved my whole home around watered my plants drank some coffee played with my daughter took a nap with my daughter now I’m working on a scrapbook for father’s day! It’s been about a week. Withdrawl symptoms are mostly gone. So i feel pretty good. Right now I honestly don’t feel like drinking. I feel good. I’m going to make some bomb asada for dinner!! So I’m excited for that!

2 Likes

Full day at work, hit another Friday night in style with some takeaway food for the family, had a blether then read my new book for the rest of the night on and off, just chilling with the multi coloured changing purifier on and calm app playing rain & thunder storm over the speaker in the back ground, very zen, very different Friday night, and very enjoyable, family all chilled out which is great. Good night all.

I didn’t drink. Lol

2 Likes

I went to two AA meetings and found a sponsor. I was doing well this morning and went to my daily meeting (working on my 90 in 90) - I shared something personal and got a response from the secretary that triggered some old wounds and basically I spiralled into a PTSD episode. I got home and sobbed and thought about never going back. But then I texted the woman I was hoping would become my sponsor and she called me, agreed to take me on, and met me for an evening meeting.
Still feeling sad and overwhelmed. But I didn’t drink. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

2 Likes

Work with another alcoholic, the meeting after the meeting… It helped me more than they will ever know. :heart:

2 Likes

I went for a walk. :footprints::footprints::footprints:

3 Likes

Looked at my kids

4 Likes

:+1::+1: Well done honestly !