The Metaphysical Properties of Crystals and Recovery đź”®

I have been wanting to start this thread for a while now. Getting back in touch with my spirituality has been so amazing. 20+ years ago I worked quite a bit with crystals and energy healing that of course was before addiction sucked my spirit dry. I have always been a sensitive person, my parents invalidated my sensitive nature by telling me I over reacted or was so dramatic. As I got older I learned to use that sensitivity as a tool to read people and make my way through life. I will be honest, it hasn’t been easy for me to reopen all my passages but I know as I continue to heal and free myself of judgement all the energy will flow. “Baby steps” as Sassy says.
I thought it would be fun to share our favorite crystals, experiences with certain combinations of stones, etc. If you are just getting into crystals let’s see what you have!!!

@Hailstrom your post on the plant thread has given me a nudge to start this. I love Calcite too and many years ago I invested in this massive piece that has followed me through my addiction. Seeing as you are a Calcite lover I will share a photo, I am sure you will appreciate her.

51 Likes

Wow, look at that beauty!! I love that seam of bluey grey through the middle.

Great idea for a thread, I did actually look a few weeks ago and couldn’t really find anything. I’m a newbie so looking forward to learning.

5 Likes

My favorite crystal is the Green Tourmaline. I even have one tattooed on my back.
Other stones I like a lot are Labradorite and Amethyst. On the picture my Amethyst lamp.

25 Likes

I have a couple @ my parents house I’ll have to dig out of storage. My mom put them in a big bin when I ran away on yet another relapse and went to a different city. I just haven’t been ready to get them and have them back in my life for some reason. I don’t really know what that’s about but I used to smudge a lot, had Eagle feathers that were gifted to me from some people (one who was a medicine man) and this time getting sober I haven’t gone back to that part of my spirituality yet but I hope to revisit it one day soon. I will definitely post my crystals on this thread though maybe next time I go to my parents house.

6 Likes

My favourite stone is Sodalite…for my throat chakra…so I can speak up for myself and my needs.

7 Likes

What a beautiful crystal! Great idea for a post!
Here are mine:
My fav is my palm sized amethyst. I also love to smudge with sage and sweet grass as well as use angel cards :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I smudge also! It’s a huge part of my spirituality. I follow the Aboriginal culture (I I not of Aboriginal decent but I grew up in an area that incorporated alot of the culture… hence my spirit name which is my name on here) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wow!!! I’m in love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I smudge too.

5 Likes

Me four!

But I need a feather and a beautiful shell.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Amethyst is so good for addiction recovery, your lamp is beautiful.

9 Likes

I packed all of my crystals away and couldn’t face them for many years too. They were packed away for about 10 years then I unpacked them but couldn’t really “use” them until recently. I think our spirits know when they are ready. I cant wait to see your beauties.
:heart_eyes::crystal_ball::heart:

7 Likes

@MandiH a thread for you, the next time you stop on by

3 Likes

Wow, that is amazing!!!

I am a huge crystal fan…love the energy!

We actually moved to an incredibly gem rich area of the US, there are gem mines everywhere and every walk I take on our trails offers up a little something. It is amazing. Plus, there are some super crystal stores nearby.

I have little vignettes all over the house. I would post some, but my internet is crap right now.

Glad you are rediscovering your power!! :heart:

8 Likes

Holy cow that’s magnificent. I have many crystals but they don’t like being photographed. They are sensitive as you know. That said, I’m so glad you put this out in our universe. Thank you Stella ! :crystal_ball:

5 Likes

Have you felt a shift in energy being in such a gem rich area and do you know what the rock strata is under your new home?
I would be so curious knowing that it’s such a mineral rich area.

I have a book written by a healer who talks about the healing properties of igneous rock and primary minerals, it’s an interesting read.

3 Likes

Yes, I know what they say the healing properties are. In the beginning of my recovery I’ve worn one as a pendant. Also a Smithsonite pendant because that is a helpful one in addiction as well.

2 Likes

That is such a beautiful crystal! The energy that comes off it must be amazing. I’ll gather up my babies for a family photo tomorrow and post it here. Great idea for a thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Amethyst was the first one I bought

I have found this website useful, lots of information -

8 Likes

I found this book years ago in Big Sur. It was super helpful as I was first introduced to crystals as a healing method.

8 Likes