Truth and tough love

I see, thanks!!

Yeah, once youve been here a certain number of days and your stats for likes given/recied, posts, etc. Are at a certain level theyll grant you “regular” status and youll be able to see more threads. Theyll be categorized as lounge…theres a “whats up lounge” thread where people just kinda shoot the shit and other threads that might be considered triggery to newcomers or off topic in regards to sobriety can only be seen if you got the reg status

2 Likes

Even more incentives to stick around here, I like that!))

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap: Give this man a trophy! :trophy:

1 Like

Or PNG them. Solves the problem too.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that definitely works too, i have a few on mine :laughing:

The irony is i think you actually get badges from the app FOR flagging lol

Lol! I know right? At least there arent tiers. Like Ultra Flagger (must flag a minimum of 50 posts)

2 Likes

@Mareika I also want to point out that “The Lounge” is also where the regulars might post something alerting other regulars/mods that a member may need some immediate support elsewhere in the forum and if someone is available, theyll get right on it. So its kind of a “Lounge-cum-look-Out Tower” if you will :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you don’t do a goddamn thing to change your situation then you lose the right to complain about.

Don’t like your job? Get a new one.
Significant other won’t be supportive? Leave.
Sick of the weather? Move.

If you are bitching about something this much the desire to change should be easy. Or things really aren’t as bad as you are making it out and you just want attention.

7 Likes

“Comfort is the enemy of progress” - PT Barnum.

7 Likes

If this is how youre approaching rehab and sobriety your relapse probably wont be far behind :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Actually its where the worst people hang out :smiley:

3 Likes

I seriously can’t even right now with some of the topics out there.

Why would you come to a.sobriety forum if you don’t want to get sober? I can understand trying over and over again, but seriously what’s the point if you absolutely have no intention of quitting or wanting to quit. Go join Reddit if you are that lonely.

5 Likes

Not if you don’t use your likes. The lounge sucks now anyway

1 Like

No thanks.

3 Likes

True. The lounge has become so boring.

1 Like

Shall we make it interesting again?

1 Like

My only concern with this is that my choices affect more than just me. My significant other isn’t really supportive but I can’t just leave without messing up my kids. He’s not mean or abusive.

I also admit that a LOT of our relationship woes is because of me…I’m just horrible at real communication (probably a huge reason why I drank). I can’t blame him for everything. So I keep hoping if I fix me perhaps it will help the marriage too.

Oh it’s just complicated. Argh. Some days I really do just want to leave. I’m just not convinced it will actually help ANY of us.

3 Likes

The point is you are working to change what you can and that is yourself.

4 Likes