Truth and tough love

Every single pile of shit I have stepped in has come from my own ass in one way or another.

6 Likes

And it’s everyone else’s fault until the penny drops that its actually your fault.

If the penny doesn’t drop, your chances aren’t great.

1 Like

Very quotable, very relatable :+1:

4 Likes

Lets not delude ourselves that the little amount of time we have muddled together has given us such a lofty perspective that we are suddenly immune from going back out again. All I have is a daily reprieve and nothing more.

Its a miracle when a alcoholic or addict doesn’t take a drink or a drug. Its a bigger miracle when a alcoholic or addict who DOES THINK about taking a drink or a drug doesn’t do it.

15 Likes

This is from my own experience, it was my own truth and tough love that I had to realise myself as my shit was so high and splattered so widespread I still shiver at the flashbacks when they come. If I ever do go back out (and I pray I never do) I’m pretty certain it would be a bigger pile waiting for me.

My perspective is certainly not lofty, it’s quite wounded at the moment if I’m honest, I feel falsely portrayed as a villan regarding some recent events but I will stay quiet on that matter. Added to that I crashed my bike this evening, can barely walk and in a lot of pain right now, I was certainly not lofty when I face planted in to the ground I’m right here on earth equal to everyone else.

Shit happens, I’ll get over it.

6 Likes

Keep your head up and keep coming back!

1 Like

I realize this, as im fairly early into recovery yet again. At 23 days, but have had several flirtations with relapse already. This thread is what i need. I need a daily wake up call.

5 Likes

It works if you work it…youll face plant if you dont!

3 Likes

You can’t always get what you want, and I’ll say it one more time: You can’t always get what you want but if you try sometimes you just might find…you get what you need.

11 Likes

Did you just quote the stones :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Hey man, Mick and Keith might be the anti Bill W. and Bob S. but if its relevant its relevant :man_shrugging:

Bump. I see a lot of new people who want to get sober but don’t seem willing to do the work. Maybe this thread will give them the kick in the ass they need.

Sobriety ain’t easy folks. Just like anything worth having you gotta work for it.

16 Likes

When someone with time and experience warns you against enabling someone and putting yourself in a position to get hurt, PLEASE listen! There is a very good reason for that statement.

10 Likes

They will get you high before you get them sober. Bet.

4 Likes

Money can be the root of evil. How we spend it as an addict can make us flourish n happy or drag us back into addiction. That choice is Ours! It’s friday and those hands will feel alil heavier then normal. Keep it in mind!

3 Likes

Happy Friday people! Just a friendly reminder: own your problems, dont let your problems own you!

11 Likes

14 Likes

But. But… You never said i was gonna have 2 other roomates and have to sleep on the floor…your ad is decieving!

4 Likes

Yep, and not only were u gettin railed but in a rather science fictiony twist you were the one perpetrating the crime as well :flushed: cue twilight zone theme

2 Likes

8 Likes