Truth and tough love

I tried a geographic change a few times. But no matter where I went, there I was. Turns out my alcoholism wasn’t tied to a location, it was tied to my brain. I ended up getting sober in the city where I did most of my fuckin up.

5 Likes

I’ve been saying it for almost a year. It’s served me well

1 Like

That may be where i originally saw it , ive seen 2 or 3 addiction docs on HBO. But yeah i saw it on a documentary and looked into it further bc i thought it was pretty interesting.

If you are working the 12 steps in AA , that doesn’t mean you 1,2 miss a few and hit step 13 like you are something special ,get back to step one because you clearly aren’t working the program correctly . Dumb arse

9 Likes

I have no comment on this lol

4 Likes

Why does this sound familiar?:smile:

4 Likes

Derek was so good at his 13th step, he did it twice :joy::rofl:

5 Likes

If we want to get technical I was 13th stepped on both ocassions. I definitely rushed into the first relationship to soon and wasn’t ready for it. With Shay I was able to do a thorough 4th and 5th step and as a result I am a much better partner

2 Likes

That is me!!! I’m working on it but so far it’s not going well. LOL

1 Like

:joy: :joy: Someone tried to get their groove on with me without permission , he’s in my home group and I work with him in recovery and take survival skills group together ,there are rules in both areas and he has crossed every line going .jerk lol

Why don’t you just cut his ankles off?

2 Likes

In this situation i would just say, “Can ya blame him?” :sunglasses:

But seriously, screw that dude.

1 Like

So I always used to say that dieting wouldn’t work for me to lose weight. Even though I had never actually tried to go on a diet. I sound pretty stupid right?

Well that’s exactly how people sound when they claim AA (or SMART, or therapy, or whatever) won’t work for them, without ever actually going to a meeting. Oh, your internet research told you it won’t work??? Well I can also find websites that claim vaccines cause autism. That shit ain’t right either.

Also, I’m down 25lbs in a 1.5 months on a diet…

12 Likes

5 Likes

Good ole Keto. I believe I even made fun of @CaptAZ for doing keto. Looks like it is I who is the ass in this case lol.

4 Likes

I’m glad you are going to counseling. I used counseling and therapy in conjunction with IOP. My point is that any program works for anyone who is willing to invest in it. I just used AA as an example bc that’s the program most people won’t try. Even though I’ve seen plenty of people say counseling/therapy won’t work. I’ve even seen people say that no program could ever possibly work for them (they’ve probably relapsed by now).

I’m not sure why you are so angry all the time, but I assure you that kind of anger will not serve you well in recovery. It’s pretty common in early sobriety so I wouldn’t worry to much. However, it might be best for you to mute this thread until you get your emotions under control.

4 Likes

I’m sorry you take everything so personally but I assure that what’s you’re referring to isn’t a personal attack.

2 Likes

You don’t have to justify anything to anybody. But, reading your replies, you do seem to be tunnel vision about this and I think what people are trying to say is keep an open mind at the moment.
It’s good to see you are still sober and you have a plan but ultimately you have to be prepared to do whatever is necessary to stay sober.
Somebody on here once wrote that they would stand on their head in a bucket of s#@t if it worked!
Good luck with the alcohol services. And stay strong.

6 Likes

And that zero pushup challenge? Don’t want ya getting all scraggly on us, now.

Still rocking 0 push-ups. Every day I succeed

4 Likes