Truth and tough love

15 Likes

My sobriety is the difference between life and death…

• True
  • False

0 voters

1 Like

5 Likes

4 Likes

Depends on your definitions of death, i suppose. Your definition is pretty final. Mine is more from an eternal perspective.

Spiritual death included

3 Likes

Seek and ye shall find.

This is true in all aspects of life. If you are searching for something you are going to find it. This works both ways, good and bad. The question is, what are you going to look for? Everything has fault in the eye of the beholder. Nothing is perfect (except for Him) so if you are looking for problems that’s exactly what you are going to find. Whether it be with a person, a job, a recovery program, whatever. If you carry a negative mindset then negativity is what you are going to achieve. However, if you look for benefits, positives or sobriety then you will be rewarded with those things. And if you can’t find one positive thing each day then you aren’t looking. For example, you have internet access if you are reading this. That puts you in a much better place than the majority of people on Earth. Is life perfect? No. But it’s damn good if you are looking for good things.

12 Likes

I know this is the wrong thread but you all will have the answer for me. What does this closed group mean? Can I go to it for my first meeting if I have a year sober?

1 Like

Closed means it’s only for alcoholics. Open meetings are for anyone, i.e. drunks, friends family of drunks, anyone. :blush:

3 Likes

Ah, thanks you!!

I was definitely one of those people who was never going to go to AA , heck its religious and that’s not me. When I got to 4 months into sobriety and I was having marridge problems I went along .i needed more than my self to keep me safe and on a true path . AA is my home i do my service and it keeps me on the right path . If I chose to believe my alcoholic brain about AA I would still be in denial about alot of things ,

9 Likes

Shit in 1 hand and hope/wish in the other and see which one fills up first.

No one gets and stays sober by accident. It’s a whole new way of life and you gotta relearn everything. You think you’re alone? You’re unique in your situation? No one will understand? Get over it and yourself and get to a meeting, chances are good you’ll hear your story over and over.

12 Likes

A friend of mine I met in rehab I gave me his version of the Serenity Prayer. It made a lot of sense to me and it goes like this. God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change the courage to change the one I can and the wisdom to know it’s me. And that’s really what it comes down to. I got to change me first I respect the fact that not all people think like me. Just saying.

15 Likes

Well you are on this internet forum lol

My grandma used to say wish in one Hand and shit in the other.

2 Likes

Was a song back in the 1980s by Jon Butcher, the refrain was “If wishes were horses, then dreamers would ride”.

But wishes aren’t horses. Ideas, goals, objectives without action are nothing, lead to nowhere.

Thats one tough grandma :smile: I really should swear more. No really, I hardly do… maybe an occasional hell or damn :see_no_evil: but that’s it. Not gonna lie, feeling some fomo :joy:
#LessonsFromJantesGrandma❤️

3 Likes

Haha. She didn’t swear much, but I definitely took notice when she did. That was about as foul as it got with her. She was a beautiful person. I miss her like crazy.

1 Like

I use the interwebs myself. They seem to work very well, but do take a lot of quarters.

2 Likes

Maybe she wasn’t swearing. Maybe she LITERALLY shit in the other hand.

2 Likes