Truth and tough love

Except there are some people I’d love to hear share over and over and over again. There are, however, some people that I never want to hear share even once because they ramble on and on. But that’s my selfishness…”what can I get from you and your share tonight?” Doh.

4 Likes

Generally a person only shares once at a meeting. I’ve been to meetings where one person shares multiple times. It’s an ego thing.

3 Likes

Do all meetings say not to share a second time until everyone has gone once? The ones I’ve been to do. But sometimes not everyone shares and there is just silence because no one dares go a second time. LOL

1 Like

I LOVE silence at a meeting. Meditation time…

3 Likes

If everyone shares we end early. At least in the Syracuse area. If it’s a small meeting (under 10) people will share for a little bit longer than the typical 3 minutes. Group conscience can dictate that everyone shares twice at small meetings too

2 Likes

Yeah, it depends. If we finish the room early sometimes they invite “double dipping” before we call it a night and just hang out till time.

Even then, usually no one raises their hand, lol. Except maybe a timer adding something to a book study.

Please tell me again how Kratom is soooo safe and such a miracle drug…

4 Likes

Kratom isn’t sober. Tough shit.

5 Likes

If someone who has addiction problems is telling me that pot or kratom or some other substance is a safe alternative, I must consider the source and their history of risk assessment previous to their current assertion.

Them: “Use Kratom or smoke weed to help with your addiction”

Me: “Dude, you are drug addict. Why would I take this sort of advice from you? That’d be like taking investment advice from Bernie Madoff.”

5 Likes

3 Likes

If you can’t handle the break-up then you shouldn’t be in a relationship. I’ve seen plenty of people here rush in to relationships for all sorts of stupid reasons. Then it doesn’t work out and they either relapse or come back here all mentally fucked up.

A relationship won’t keep you sober, no matter how much you feel like you need the validation.

5 Likes

So you’re not powerless over alcohol? Tell me all about your last blackout. Oh you can’t remember, hmmmm.

6 Likes

I was told I stole my buddy’s candy bar, which wouldn’t have been a big deal, except it was the last food we had and all our money went to drugs…

2 Likes

Candy thieving bastard.

4 Likes

I think many think get in a relationship to refocus on a new life. In the end you may distract urself some but when misery comes you have no experience in dealing with emotions. Let alone all the irritation,anxiety,depression that your going through while detoxing. This is why figuring out yourself and building your life and career first is recommended. During that time you will go through the cycle of the lows and highs of life and handle them. Then when you have handled that you can try adding another lane to your life. No need to rush it… I know being alone sucks sometimes but it could always be worse.

8 Likes

I remember being in active addiction and reaching important dates or turning points in my life. Things like aging to an important number, moving, or other things like that. I would say, this is a new life. I will never use again because im a new person.

That was crap, of course. Rob, you ain’t a different person! You’re the same addict youve always been, a year older in a new location. It always ended the same, relapse. You wont change until you take the addiction seriously and actively work on it every day. Time and circumstances wont change things, onky you can change things.

3 Likes

Remember how stupid I was around this time last year? Thankfully I didn’t get myself in too much trouble.

2 Likes

16 Likes

Here’s a bit of truth I frequently tell myself: I know I have another bender in me. I just don’t know if I have another quit in me. Not willing to play those odds with even one drink, when the stakes are losing everything.

14 Likes

If you have problems everywhere you go, then you are the problem.

I have a friend on Facebook (sometimes sober) and no matter what job he has it seems like there’s a problem with the boss, the pay, etc. Every month, every employer, always a problem. I just want to be like bro, the problem is definitely you. No one has that many terrible jobs and bosses in a row.

14 Likes