Truth and tough love

There is no grey area with sobriety. You are sober or you are not. If you are drinking “every now and then” you aren’t sober. You are just abstaining between drinks.

3 Likes

Smoking weed and being on a 6 pints limit per day IS NOT FUCKING SOBER.

I trusted one of them and got money of my parents only to be told that the clutch was too fucked to bother by the man’s dad I shouldn’t have believes a word he said , but I did. At the very least I know now, promises made by drunk tarts in the car are just that… nothing

2 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes

Applies in life and coffee. How are you today my friend?

1 Like

Thanks for the comm-check. I am well. Day started at my usual 0400, morning workout in the Brojo. Next calls and texts from colleagues saying they were sad I was gone, and then later more from many of these same people that they themselves were let go. To say that my organization was decimated would be an incorrect. Decimation is 1 out of every 10 gone. This is 1 out of every 10 spared.

As I said yesterday, as soon as my boss was let go, I was planning to leave. The layoff with severance just made it possible to job search full-time. I did some yardwork, let a few folks know I am on the market. Am eating dinner and then have to help my daughter with a school project.

Life brother. It ain’t all rainbows and unicorn farts, but I have damn little to complain about, and absolutely nothing to drink over.

19 Likes

Anyone who says they know the meaning of life is either deluded or they want something from you.

I know the meaning of my life. I just don’t know the meaning of anyone else’s. Mine is to get better at getting better each and every day. Better today than I was yesterday, and tomorrow better still.

6 Likes

I completely disagree with this. Saying that I’m deluded seems like a cynical and narrow viewed statement. I fully believe that i know the meaning of life. It gives me great purpose and I feel that anyone who knows as I do will find purpose as well.

You do not have to agree with me though.

2 Likes

I only got two words for this: Monty Python

2 Likes

Finding meaning in ones own life is wonderful. I just dont believe there is single true meaning for everyone. I dont trust anyone who says they know it and own it, and if I dont believe their meaning then my life is bad and wrong and Im an evil person.

1 Like

14 Likes

Is there a full moon or something?

2 Likes

Who Said that My meaning for My Life has to do with yours. You can make your own.

2 Likes

You are the meaning of my life :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

with that thought…insomnia, here I come :wink:

5 Likes

Oh so Tomi is the one you were wearing them cutoff daisy dukes for? gets extremely jealous

3 Likes

also feels incredibly slighted

2 Likes

I think you are spending way too much energy thinking about such things, especially since there’s no way to define or measure that which you are pondering over. How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? If a tree falls in the woods? Maybe get outside of your head for a bit.

1 Like

The meaning of life debate