Weightloss CHECK IN : dont give up (Part 1)

Monday check in for the week
Gained 2lbs over the span of 2 weeks (missed last monday). I worked out well last week too and again today. Decided tho that Iā€™m liking how I am feeling and progressing in my workouts. Not going to fret over the number on the scale. Cuz what good will that do being upset over it. My diet is improving but there is A LOT to improve on still. I want to cut out sugar but Iā€™m struggling a bit with that bcuz I need substitutes for sweet things fir my oatmeal or coffee etc lol Iā€™m making progress tho. Thatā€™s what matters. And Iā€™m being active everyday so Iā€™m going more for how I feel as opposed to a number I want to reach on the scale. Quite frankly I will most likely never get to the weight I want when I was at my fittest. That was like 15 years ago haha and Iā€™m 37 so I feel like my body has changed due to age :grimacing:

5 Likes

Monday weigh in 198.6 lbs.

Great job with the great attitude Dana @Butterflymoonwoman
Youā€™re feelin good! Your 91 days clean! Fuck that scale! or number for your weight! That attitude will get you where you need to be when you get there. Did you notice a few people joined that no added sugar thread? Just what you need another thread :scream: anyway. Check us out if you got time. Seems like thereā€™s a no sugar craze happening. Keep up the great work.
:pray::purple_heart::cactus:

6 Likes

I am super interested in that thread! I am going to check it out :slight_smile: thank u Eric!! Maybe I can get some good tips to help me with substitutions :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I havenā€™t checked in here for a few weeks but something interesting happened. I was 197lbs for a long time (30lbs overweight) and couldnā€™t shake it. I quit taking certain medications I was on about a month and a half ago that were giving me really bad side effects. Well, I havenā€™t been to the gym in like 3 weeks and Iā€™m down to 187lbs! I think the medicine was keeping the weight on me??? Anyways, super excited to start going to the gym again. Hope you all are doing well, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

6 Likes

Interesting bro, would you mind linking that no sugar thread below for us?? Thank you!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Certainly :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sweeeet!!! No pun intended :rofl::rofl::rofl: thank you Eric :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Thank you @Astro :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Wow!!! Thats amazing! What a great thing to see!!! Way to go

1 Like

Thank you Dana! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Friday weigh in.
198.2 lbs.
itā€™s all good.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

3 Likes

Iā€™m down 35 lbs since stopping alcohol in January

5 Likes

Monday weigh in.
Maintaining.
I still want to get closer to 195. But if Iā€™m at 200 or under Iā€™m still at my goal weight. So thatā€™s really good.

5 Likes

Kat here checking in at 200.4

I can see Onederland for the first time since recovering from my IV opiate addiction in 2017 (that took me down to 175 but in the 5 years since I put on 100 lbs to 275 or so)

Now with the help of Gastric Sleeve surgery the weight is off again and Iā€™m happy. I do have to do a lot of mourning for food because I canā€™t eat what I want to beyond a few bites lol. My mind still wants to eat half a cheesy pizza. Or big ass cheeseburger and fries. However, I donā€™t regret my decision to undergo the surgery.

6 Likes

Way to Go! Kat. Good for you :+1: :blush:

1 Like

You too @Dazercat you are doing great! Was happy to see you go below 200

1 Like

Checking in at 185lbs, down 2lbs :sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes

Forgot yesterdayā€™s weigh in.
Today 199.00

2 Likes

Monday weigh in.
198.6 lbs.

2 Likes

I am working hard on losing weight. I have lost 19 pounds in the last 3-4 months. I have about 40-50 more to go. My goal is 165 I am just a little over 200. I gained 70 pounds when getting clean in the span of 1 year and a halfā€¦ and because of medications and lack of exercise. I got off the certain meds like 2 months ago and I have been walking up to 10,000 - 17,000 steps a day, depending on the day. I get a lot of cardio in at my job and I walk from work sometimes to work then I will do my exercise after I go on a walk or something. I havenā€™t been able to eat many calories the last few days because I
Got 3 teeth pulled so Iā€™m not really eating and they said no exercise for 3-4 days after getting the teeth pulled because it can mess up the blood clotting. Now I might have a minor surgery tomorrow and I donā€™t know how long I will have to recover for
That but I am eager to get back in my routine. I cut out all caffeine and pop. So I really only drink water and decaffeinated tea. I learned there is no such thing as ā€œgoodā€ and ā€œbadā€ foods. Just moderation of
The right ones. It works for me. Anyway glad to be on this thread. I believe I can reach my goal weight

4 Likes