Well here I am again

Well i fell off the wagon back in march and stopped using this app , smoking my last joint as i type this , yesterday was my last beer.
I want so much more out of life than to be drunk and high all the time but its fucking hard :sob:
My priorities are to stay sober, get heathier and eventually start a family ! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome back @Savy! :wave: nice to see you again :innocent:

Solid goals. Goals are important; they give us something to work for. (That sounds obvious but it’s still something we need to remember. There’s a difference between wishing you had something, or imagining how nice it might be, and actually having a goal.)

Actually having a goal means actually being accountable, and being accountable is something we all have to learn to be sober, so:

Welcome to the club of people who are learning and practicing accountability! :innocent: :+1:

It helps to have other people you are accountable to. Who are some of the people you’re going to connect with to be accountable? You can share details or be general, whatever you’re comfortable with :innocent:

2 Likes

Awesome goals. If you put as much work into your recovery as you did into your using, I see no problem to you achieveing all of them! :ok_hand:

Here are some things that might help you get started:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #44
Resources for our recovery
Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Good luck and stay near!

3 Likes

You are deserving of all that you stated. So, we do the things that make us healthier, every day, and when we rest at night life gets brighter.

Not listening to the old BS in our brains and putting action into good things that make us happy is where it’s at.

I am so glad you’re back here!

2 Likes