Your Yay and Nay of the day

Ok so every year we would do a family vacation… usually Disney… yes very much in The Griswold’s fashion. :joy: But at the end of each day we would all say our Yay and Nay of the day. So thought hmmm :thinking: this could be a fun thread.

My Yay having the day off from work and got to taste test some super delish ice cream flavors at the distributor. Blackberry raspberry cheesecake I mean come on!! :yum::icecream::ice_cream:

My Nay having to talk business and numbers I hate it! Stresses me out!

Let’s hear yours! :upside_down_face:

22 Likes

Fun!
Yay: I actually took a shower and washed my hair. It was a big deal.
Nay: It’s the third day of cold rainy weather and my dogs and husband and I are over it. First time turning on the heat this season :cry:

7 Likes

Yay of the day: reconnecting with an old friend I used to drink and do drugs with, now both sober, sharing without shame on secrets and addictions, sex, fears, you name it, much closer than we were even when we shared a bed back in the day :heart_eyes:

Nay: having a lady who barely knows me criticise my dogs and their education (work in progress!) for not living up to her expectations. Fuck of, I don’t need your opinion! :wolf::wolf:

9 Likes

My yay for the day: Getting a good lunch and being productive!

My nay: there is one particular item I don’t like to do at work, it has to be done monthly…today was that day.

8 Likes

Yay I’m sober and want to be.

Nay I’ve got toothache and no dentist. Shits about to get real!!

9 Likes

Yay…completed most of my children’s back to school shopping!

Nay…low energy…

9 Likes

Yay of the day: Chief cuddles in the morning are the best part of every day. Even if it involves him farting in my face. I’m immune. I’m about to head to an informal AA mtg with a few of the guys from my home group, too.

Nay of the day: back has been gnawing at me! First time in a while though, and its my own fault…went running yesterday when it was feeling a little touchy, 50/50 decision, and my stubborness won out. Lesson learned. I’m not too worried though, its been mostly feeling much better, and progress is almost never linear.

9 Likes

Yay: half day of work so I was able to spend the day with my girlfriend.

Nay: headed home early to go to bed early. Have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to pick her and her daughter up tomorrow and take her to her surgery.

6 Likes

Yay= day of reading, reflecting & time with my dog
Nay= still have stitches, so can’t move much & fighting urges

4 Likes

This is amazing!!!
Yay: waking up for a second day in a row with NO HANGOVER!!!
Nay: came home to find one of my dogs chewed the quilt my grandma made me for college graduation! :tired_face: I’m pretty sure it’s fixable but still sad!

6 Likes

Yay: Had a great steak dinner sober.
Nay: Had to listen to hubby slurring his words and repeating himself during that great dinner.

10 Likes

Yay: woke up sober again (25 days)!
Nay: woke up still fat. Booo Hiss!!

:neutral_face:

13 Likes

Yay: I’m 4 days away from 400 days sober

Nay: I’m still sacred of covid. To the point I stay in unless it’s to go somewhere of necessity.

13 Likes

Same @Thirdmonkey praying hard for you and your gal :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

2 Likes

Sorry tooth pains the worst :sweat: ouch!

2 Likes

Yay - today I took care of a little boy in our family. He’s four and is now old enough to tell me he loves me unprompted. It’s so sweet and sincere - he will randomly stop what he’s doing, look deeply into my eyes, and say “Gigi? I love you” :blush:

Nay - So. Much. Smoke :fire::disappointed_relieved:

9 Likes

Yay: went for a bike run with my boys after work (they bike, I run)

Nay: I realized I didn’t write a good friend back very timely and I feel like shit about it :confused:

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I appreciate that

1 Like

If it helps, same. And this really made me smile :sweat_smile:

3 Likes