1st time posting on here

Hi my name is Joe I’m in recovery I am a addict and alcoholic. I been battling this since 17 years old. I turn 35 in September. Been long time and a long road. Been in recovery many years now had many relapses and struggles in this journey. I had relapses a couple of days ago. I been going through one of most difficult times in my life. Ended a very rough relationship that took lot outta me but outta that situation I am going to be a father of twins. This is my first time starting father hood were its supposed to be most exciting times in my life but looks like it has different turn. I have 2 blessings 2 main reasons to stay clean and sober and continue on my road of recovery those twins babies are my life now my reason to keep going on this journey the deserve the best outta me only way I can do that is to stay clean and sober. Happy I found this app the recovery community is always good to have on this journey people who know the STRUGGLE know that we need support like this in life. For once in my life and in my sobriety I’m ready more than ever to live a sober life until my days are up . Every keep up the hard work stay strong and god bless

12 Likes

Welcome! I’m glad ur here! I too battled addiction for a long time, from 15-37. Its never too late to turn your life around, to be the person that u want to be and need to be for ur 2 amazing blessings. This is an amazing app. I have gained almost 5 months with the help of everyone here. I’m glad ur here. One day at a time we got this!

4 Likes

Welcome Joe. Congratulations on the twins. It seems like you got a lot to be grateful for. I’m glad you found us.
Have a good read around. This place has been a great place for me to give and get support in my sobriety. 2 great threads That work for me.

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::evergreen_tree::blue_heart:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #44
@Maddie0707

1 Like

Thank you so much I appreciate the love and support greatly appreciated god bless :pray:

1 Like

Thank you from the bottom of my heart I am very appreciative of the love and support thank you again god bless :pray:

Welcome and congratulations on becoming a father. I am fairly new to this site but have already gotten a lot from others here. It took me 54 years and a suicide attempt to finally address my addictive behavior. I was discharged from rehab center May 27th so pretty fresh out here too. I have fallen into a pattern of good habits without forethought. It’s a blessing. I’m finding that being consistent is really keeping me centered. I haven’t had any urges. There are many wise people here and everyone has a willingness to help one another. I’m really glad a friend told me about it. Again welcome.

I don’t know if you journal if you like to write down your thoughts and feelings privately It’s another nice feature