2021 Hiking Club (Walking Sober)

Continuing the discussion from 2020 Hiking Club (Walking Sober):

Well the plans for walking in 2020 went out the window with Covid. Partly due to the restrictions and partly just lost the mojo to get out as much as I intended.

This year, no goals or distances to achieve, no rigid routines or training plans. Just looking forward to getting out when I can.

Kicked off 2020 with a lovely leisurely stroll along the river with a friend. I guess we covered 8 or 9 miles. Can’t beat a good stomp with some lungfuls of crisp cool air. Blue sky and sunshine a bonus!

19 Likes

Would like to join I do about 15000 steps (10km) a day with my Fitbit :slight_smile: Hope to push those limits!

2 Likes

In California, the trails have been one of few places for a reprieve from home. Weekends it’s gotten virtually impossible to enter most public parks, they get too overfull too fast.

Well not today! I would like to thank waking up early without a hangover for strolling into the park before the rush this morning. :pray:

Away I go! :walking_man:

2 Likes

Ooh nice looking forward to some pics later :eyes:

Hecking turkeys crowding the trail. :confused:

6.5 miles, and gorgeous! If a little chilly.

12 Likes

Really chilly,managed 4.7
p/s Can I join club :grin:

6 Likes

Good to see turkeys observing social distancing :joy:

2 Likes

That definitely looks a little chilly!!

I think it was around 24°, but no wind

1 Like

40°F here when I started and breezy. Probably 50 by the time I left.

Not too bad for the dead of winter! I do miss proper, freezing snow hikes tho.

1 Like

This is a stroll last week behind our property. Heading back up towards the house here, and the snow really started to fall. It was so lovely without huge winds. No snowshoes this trip.

9 Likes

I’m usually a fair weather hiker being born and raised in southern cal, but since sobriety I figured I would give it a shot,and I actually enjoy it!

1 Like

It was really chilly but finally some sun.

5 Likes

Oooh thanks @siand! Place marking for later.
I love a good walk!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Wow what an amazing spot!

1 Like

A short one yesterday. I don’t get to this park enough.

6 Likes

Today’s snow hike :snowflake: :blush:

12 Likes

Oops I forgot there was a newer thread. Thanks for moving @siand :heart:

1 Like

Met up with a friend for a walk today. About 9 miles, slow and steady up the hills and through the mud. Lots of mud! So good to have a change of scenery and a nice chat out in the fresh air.

8 Likes

Hey! I’m walking too, with my labby, it’s great btw - when sober you can actually wakeup earlier and without issues just drive and walk before all crowds even came to the places…

2 Likes