I’m from England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I’ve been around here since 2017

I didn’t get it first time but been sober since June 2019

I’m athletic, handsome, funny and caring
I also consider myself very humble
Also deluded

33 Likes

Just a grateful Canadian addict here!

I have been here for a couple of years now and am happy to see some new names popping up. Welcome to all the newcomers!!!

:orange_heart::seedling:

25 Likes

Hello everyone my name is Krys. Today marked 34months clean & sober💪. Ive had this app on my phone for years just to read inspirational text when I wake up or check to see my goals along with how much $$ did I save? Lol.

21 Likes

What an incredible testimony.

Thank YOU for sharing and giving hope to so many of us (myself included) :pray:

4 Likes

I’ve been a long time lurker of different sobriety apps / Reddit forums, but have always been too shy to actually engage or reach out. But 2022 feels like as good a time as ever!

I’m 30F living in California Bay Area. My Dad was a severe alcoholic which would often result in physical abuse when he got drunk and angry, so I’ve seen firsthand how awful alcohol addiction can be.

I started drinking in college like a lot of folks, but only in the last few years did I realize it was becoming a problem. I’d drink every day, and drink more when I was around friends and family. I started looking forward to seeing loved ones not because I wanted to spend time with them, but because I would give myself “permission” to drink even more those days. I’m not a heavy drinker, which is why it’s been so easy to tell myself that I don’t have a problem. Usually I’ll have 2-3 glasses of wine a day, which is easy to write off as normal. But when I start craving alcohol at all hours, obsessing about when I’m “allowed” to start drinking, and get alcohol withdrawals when I don’t drink for 24 hours, it’s time to admit there’s an issue.

I’m currently 3 days sober, and it’s hard but feels amazing to be proud of myself rather than ashamed that I caved and drank too much again. I keep craving it, keep pining for it, but I’m just going to keep training my brain to see it as disgusting and foul tasting, instead of something to covet and obsess over.

Im worried that I can’t see myself committing to a lifetime of sobriety, but I keep telling myself to take it just one day at a time and to remember how good it feels, how much money im saving, and how im actually living my life rather than numbing myself with booze. It feels like change is in the air, and im hoping that this time im finally making a permanent lifestyle change!

25 Likes

Welcome to this wonderful forum Brenda.
Congratulations on your 3 days!!
I’ve been here 2 years now. It’s a great place to get and give support. My strongest tool has been the gratitude thread. It’s the only way I’ll start my day.
In recovery, we either learn to be grateful, or we don’t last.
Come on over and check it out if your interested. Coffee is always on and we’re always open.

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

I couldn’t see that either in the beginning of my sobriaty so I took the advice to focus on today and this day only and I still do.
Babysteps so to speak :wink:
And the longer my strech the bigger my thought I could live this way forever.

14 Likes

Hello my name is Louise. I am on day two. I started This journey in 2011 and here we are 2022. I’m hoping that this format will help me I’m still having trouble trying to figure out the app.

23 Likes

Good job Louise, don’t be too hard on yourself. I have been on this app.constantly since day 1 and l’m now Day 10 and still making major boo boos (still,better than relapsing).
Regular posters will be happy to guide you l have found :+1:

5 Likes

Wow Michele,we have so much in common with each other! All except the Antabuse.

I think you’re very brave to commit to that. It took me about 2 years of umming and ahhing before l would even surrender to trying Naltrexone! I was terrified that if l suddenly needed opioids for pain one day, it wouldn’t work,and l was also afraid of the stigma of being on it! So stupid!! As a Doctor in rehab said to me last year, “Why do you want to suffer?”

I imagine the Antabuse would be very helpful as long as you don’t drink on it. As you say,each to their own; you are proving to yourself and your family that you are willing to go to any lengths to remain sober!
You should be very proud for getting to Day 53!:clap:

4 Likes

Hi I’m CheL :hugs:🙋🏻‍♀

19 Likes

Hi Chel. Welcome to the forum.
Great place for support.

4 Likes

:rainbow: 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮 :star2: ♬ ♬ ♩ :heart: ♪ ♪ ♫ ♭ ♫ :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing

4 Likes

I’m Chiron and I don’t always post a lot, but when I do it is generally a book. :sweat_smile:

I’ve had issues with a variety of addictions over the years including alcohol, opioids, stimulants, muscle relaxers, pot, kratom, (and cereal @Dazercat :rofl: ), etc., etc., etc. My last remaining chemical addiction is to caffeine, which is something that negatively impacts my life so eventually it will also be in the past.

A big welcome to all the new people in the community.

22 Likes

I also have issues with Kratom

2 Likes

Me too. These conversation treads are wacky. Not at all user friendly.

3 Likes

Welcome Tanya.
Welcome @LadyLouise

Welcome to this great sober forum. It was a little tricky for me as well to figure out the ins and outs of the app.

If you got any questions just asked. Everyone is so helpful and there’s always someone around to help.
We were all knew once.
Y’all will get the hang of it the more your on it. If this old guy could do it so can you.
I hope you see y’all around.

5 Likes

I’m still here after 51days.

14 Likes

There seems to be a few of us peppered around the site. Feel free to reach out if you need and welcome back.

@LadyLouise and @TanyaC Give it a little time. It took a bit for me too. Welcome to both of you.

3 Likes