Am I an alcoholic? 20 years of drinking...is it time to admit?

2 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

I love the quote on this one Deserve your Dream. Im working on it universe!

8 Likes

I am so fucking proud of myself and us. Our first sober new years eve together. Im fuckin pumped. Im so fucking joyful and happy and in love. I dont feel like im just surviving anymore. I feel like im thriving. Im looking forward to 2023 and all its blessings. I wouldnt be where i am at today without this forum, aa, and the 12 steps. My cup runnith over with nonalcoholic juice. My heart is overwhelmed with love. My mind knows a peace ive only heard about. I see great things coming to fruition and i will continue to work work work bc im worth it

10 Likes

Glad to hear it Cjp! You are crushing this sober life and I’m proud to be on this journey with you. Happy sober 2023 to you! This is also my first NYE sober. :partying_face::star_struck:

2 Likes

I’m beyond happy for you. Inspirational. One day at a time.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Im so fucking happy and full of gratitude…in the before days i would relate this feeling and thinking with a manic episode BUT i think this is a new norm. Cautiously optimistic and slightly annoyed by how joyful i am

5 Likes

Im checking in humbled and greatful. Tonight i led my first AA step meeting. We started on step one. Alot of people shared and the time flew by. I remembered a sober sisters share last week that leading a meeting is not about you, it doesnt matter how elaborate of a lead you give, a meeting can and will go off the wheels. Thankfully with a step meeting people kept it on topic and i learned lots about others and myself.

This meeting is held at a catholic church. Im not catholic but i like to go to the sanctuary and pray to my higher power. And tonight after the meeting i sat there in a dimmly lit sanctuary greatful and humble and i open my eyes and realize i dont feel alone as a single tear falls from my eyes. It was a beautiful, peaceful moment.

You must freely give what you were given to continue to help your fellow alcoholic.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Im so greatful for AA. Went to my regular ladies meeting and i felt like i was with my people. It was nice. I needed it. Just so greatful im not obsessed with drinking anymore. Yeah i get fleeting thoughts. Those are frustrating. Like im fighting my own mind but with the support network ive built and regular aa mtgs i feel well equipped for the battle.

4 Likes

I just read through every single post. What a journey!! You rock! I would kill to get 8 months omg AH-MAZING

2 Likes

Aww thanks @Karci its definitely been a journey. Its possible. You just have to commit one day at a time and just say no to that first use.

2 Likes

Linking a sober brothers one year post which resonates deeply with me

3 Likes

This was a great post. I wish we could pin it. Inspiring for me but also newcomers.

2 Likes

100% agree!

1 Like

Having an off day. I was really struggling this morning. And my husband wakes up to say goodbye before i head to work and i saw him and just started crying. Idk how to describe it. Just uncomfortable in my skin and thoughts. Maybe this is depression in sobriety. Maybe its just a off day. Well my husband took the day off to stay with me. At first i didnt want to inconvenience him but im greatful for him. I napped this morning. Upstairs couch and downstairs couch. After my naps and some left over chicken fried rice i was feeling 50% better. My hubby convinced me to go for a walk. Got some sun. Feeling better. His love for me is amazing. Even if its handing me a pillow to hug or playing my favorite song. Im so very greatful for my best friend.

This weird depressed feeling is 1000x better sober. Im not suicidal just off. Which im trying to be greatful for. Just trying to get thru the day and hoping for a better tmrw

9 Likes

That so sweet of him to take the day off. You’ve got a kind lovin man there. Glad to hear you felt somewhat better as the day went on. :blush:

3 Likes

I feel this. From one who has been depressed and bed bound to another I am sending you a big 'ol hug and hope that the brain flips the script for tomorrow.

Hug that guy. Unconditional love kicks depression’s ass anytime.

4 Likes