Anyone new here?

I can advocate for the feeling of cravings especially when alone! you are not alone my friend. I know the feeling all to well, and I’m trying as well to really curve my drinking habits

3 Likes

Good morning Holly :blush: don’t give up, you are not alone here. Remember that you made the correct decision of your life. To be sober is hard, no lying but it’s life saver. Be stronger and remember that you are stronger than the bottle. Try to drink a cup of tea today when the body wants the alcohol.

6 Likes

Welcome @HollyG. Well I can attest to have been right there with you. Waking to a meal I prepared, a mess I’ve created, a text or message sent, a call made with no recollection of ever doing.
One day at a time is very much worth it to leave those embarrassing moments behind.
I wish you the best on your sobriety journey and hope to see you around more.
Be well

4 Likes

Congratulations :tada: that’s a huge achievement :clap:

2 Likes

Congratulations for the achievement :tada: be proud of yourself :clap:

2 Likes

@Clairelilly82 @Skyler @Moe31 @HollyG

Welcome/welcome back! Congrats on your sober time and/or your decision to be sober. I am always glad to see people joining in with the community here. Getting active and participating on Talking Sober (TS) was the turning point for me and my recovery and really helped me to make things stick. I came and left a couple of times but ultimately the connections I made here were what helped me feel less alone and more accountable to myself in my sobriety and recovery. I hope you all will continue to be active here, too! Just a suggestion, but checking in daily on the check in thread was an easy way for me to get engaged on a daily basis. I’ll link it below. I also will link a couple other threads that have helped me and others in the past. Reading others’ posts and checking out the other resources available is so helpful, it was for me, anyway. Hope to see you around!

Checking in daily to maintain focus

Resources for our recovery

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

Your #1 tip for sobriety (over 2 years sober)

4 Likes

Welcome holly :black_heart:

2 Likes

I’m new here, first day after a long relapse :face_holding_back_tears::black_heart:

5 Likes

I’m fairly new, 21 days without alcohol. It’s not easy and the past couple of days have been pretty tough. Hang in there x

5 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing

Thanks. Even worse are mounting $ problems. I know I’m preaching to the choir.

I am new here as well! One day in! I tried it back in October and relapsed within a week and tried and tried again. But now I’m serious and i can see how it’s the worst for me so I try to use that as a motivator so far. My issue was when I got over the anxiety and slight withdrawal I would think in good again I can handle this and moderate my drinking which I did ok with then it went straight back to abusing it. Currently resting here and working from home pushing through.

4 Likes

Good morning Annie. Welcome to the TS family.

The important part is you’re here doing your best in this moment.

Keep it up!

2 Likes

I’m brand new here to this app… today is day 25 sober for me. I wanted to start with dry January because I knew watching others do it for fun would motivate me to stay on track … now that the month is coming to an end I needed a spot to keep me motivated to continue without going back to the bottle of wine at night.

7 Likes

Congratulations on 25 days of choosing the authentic version of you!

1 Like

Thank you that really means a lot.

1 Like

Absolutely, don’t let shame, guilt or pride stand in your way. Lean on this community for support and knowledge.

You’re the only one who knows what works, but having so many other perspectives and people cheering you on really does help.

2 Likes

I totally understand where you’re coming from. I feel the same when the withdrawal and anxiety eases I feel like I can have “just the one” which soon turns into the bottle and then another and ending up back to square one. Well done for taking the first step. This group really does help. Just knowing you’re not the only one going through it is a big help to me x

@Sazlou , @Acost3828, @tifflynn07, @HollyG , @Moe31 , @Skyler, @Clairelilly82 .
Welcome to the family. Support each other, reach out and interact. Community support makes it much easier to stay sober. Glad yous all are here. :v:

5 Likes