Checking In Daily To Maintain Focus #23

congrats on getting to a month that is awesome!!!

3 Likes

I thought I’d do a check in tonight,
at day 353.9.
My wife has just been drinking wine this week. No 5 o’clock cocktails. So that’s nice. But I don’t get to watch whatever I want to on the tele cuz she’s not asleep on the couch :grimacing::rofl::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And there’s not as much room in the bed with her and all the cats and dogs. :grimacing::rofl::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
So that’s a good thing.
I been spending what I feel is too much time on here @ TS. And I’m not really motivated to do much these days after my morning routine and walking the dogs and the exercising and lunch. I’m not depressed. And best of all I’m not drinking. So if I’m spending too much time on here during my Christmas Holidays sober, then fuck it!! This is where I’ll be. You guys are the backbone of my support. Shit. You’re my only support.

On a separate note I just read @Edmund has Covid. Sorry Big Ed I’m letting that cat out of the bag in case it ain’t already out there. I’m sure we will all be praying for ya. Or whatever y’all do.

God Bless you all through the rest of this year. It may be tough. So come on here , or find a meeting, or call a friend, or do something!! Take a hot shower :shower: before you pick up your DOC. It’s just one day at a time. Just like all the others.
Love you guys.
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

33 Likes

just in case no one told you today don’t forget you’re Awesome :sunglasses:

5 Likes

2 Likes

so I just did the myer-briggs personality test and this is what I am… When I read all the fine details of it In depth it is complety accurate… Brilliant test to do if anyone hasn’t, google it, its self explanatory :v:

9 Likes

There’s a whole thread on it from September. It is pretty cool!

6 Likes

I feel the same way sometimes about being on here too much but screw it! Sure beats the alternative! And your so right we are all each others support :100:!

@Edmund sorry to hear. Feel better my friend. :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

954d9ab3a39c3d6b3135a5721fddcda23728d4e3ad324f63a8f85915ee8d9dc9.0
Congrats on triple digits, so proud of you and happy to share your journey. Keep on rocking soberly! :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Greetings from Lockdown London :uk: !
Day 2 for me after a recent week of a beer or couple of glasses of wine a night .
Felt so sluggish and blah each morning which you can’t afford with 2 young ‘uns to keep entertained !
Have a fab week folks

15 Likes

OK wow cool! I completly missed the thread. Didn’t see it. I’ll have a read through :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations buddy! 100 days of making better choices is a huge accomplishment! Well done!

1 Like

18368 day322. Nosleep, couldn’t shut my mind off. But it was ok I feel good tho, not to tired. It kind of felt cool, like I’ve never been able to remember songs and random songs just kept popping in my head, I couldn’t stop singing zombie by the cranberries. And idk my mind was just bursting with thought. Which idk if it’s usually like that or not. Anyways have a good day

22 Likes

That’s a great realisation! For me knowing when to take a step back, set it down and just give myself a break has been hard. Not tipping into straight up avoidance.

I try and remind myself of a bit of advice I give regularly: it’s ok not to have all the answers all the time. Just got to make the best call we can with the information we have available. We keep on :pray::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes
  1. It’s my official day off and I’m feeling a little bit better. Going to do not much today. Some small chores, a little bit of homework for my therapy, that’s about it. Will be back to work tomorrow. Have a good week all. Clean and sober. Love from Amsterdam. Happy about the solstice BTW. Just 3 months till spring!
29 Likes

Ah yes! Lighter days ahead :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Checking in on day 27. I was awake naturally at 4a.m. as usual. I like my routine now and I like that it is becoming second nature. I’m going to work a little bit this morning and then finish up my shopping for my girls. I’m never done this many days before Christmas. I usually have to go out on Christmas Eve. Not this year!! I’m not blowing money on pills so I don’t have the financial stress on me the way I have before. My extra money went to gifts for the ones I love instead of pills that were slowly killing me. Getting sober for the holidays was the best decision I could have made. I hope everyone had a restful weekend. I’m ready for another sober week filled with Christmas festivities. Have a great day TS peeps! :grin::christmas_tree:

22 Likes

That is a real earworm. But no sleep sucks. I hope ur meds settle down soon.

1 Like

Amazing great jobgiphy_iDCLcl7D81aYgLLqyc_fixed_width002

2 Likes

Late today slept great could of stayed in bed all day so exhausted. Well almost double digits. Have a great day everyone off to work. Not feeling it.

11 Likes

good morning friends - day 37! Stressed all weekend about some work task that I’ve been putting off… I guess I can’t run from it any more. Have a great day!

27 Likes