Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

All I know is they definitely broke a hipaa law. So they definitely will get in trouble, I definitely would just tell the corporate offices. Not sure about legal advice

1 Like

That’s what I thought too. I don’t have a lot of law experience, besides… you know… being hit by a snowplow by my own company while driving to work. :laughing: But not about this and I’ve learned since not to talk if you have to sue someone. I just want to be sure before I reach out, you know? I don’t want to screw myself over before I even start.

2 Likes

Good morning all , just checking in :blush:

8 Likes

End of day 55 check in. Super busy day. We finally got some decent rain today. The garden is happy and hopefully will have some carrots and tomatoes soon. I have reached a point in life where this excites me. :crazy_face:

Happy sobering, friends.

17 Likes

Substance free for…

Not much to report, been having some brutal muscle spasms for the last few days/nights. They are most likely the after math of my paddleboarding… I think it was worth it. Ask me again at the end of the weekend I may have changed my mind.

Was voted in for a service position in my homegroup tonight so that’s fun news I guess.

Congrats on your recovery everyone.
:orange_heart:

23 Likes

Welcome to the forum Arsenal.
Not sure what you’re looking for.
But,
Here are two good threads to start:

1 Like

Checking in.
Checking out for the night. Sober AF.

Grateful all that shit is behind me.
Grateful I’m feeling pretty pretty great!
Grateful for the best daughter in the world.
Grateful I’m sober. I’m alone in Santa Monica and I could be drinking at any number places tonight for a reward for all I been through. I know I deserve it. But I don’t do that anymore.
Frankly, doing that was stupid.
I’ll take my reward in a good sober nights sleep with a hangover free morning.
:pray:t2::heart:
Drinking alcohol s stupid. It is very off-putting, bad for you and, a lot of the time has negative outcomes

28 Likes

Update
I feel like the past 4 or 5 days I’ve jusr been crying so much like emotionally purging and trying to accept the wreckage I’ve caused by my drinking
I’m trying to heal but there’s a lot of emotional stuff coming up
Plz tell me this is normal?
I’m physically sober but emotionally out of wack
I’m 66 days

11 Likes

My mom and I are planning a fun bday party I wanted to have last year and couldn’t due to covid
I will get like a lot of cool non alcoholic drinks

5 Likes

Day 222

@anon27760155 congratulations on your 1 year of sobriety awesome achievement :clap:
@apes2020 sorry to hear about lockdown soooo frustrating, love your prints… thank you, just love my camping, brought loads of food with me, not spent any.money yet! Totally recommend, i feel free when i am away (when sober)

Good day, did another lovely beach walk, and thats it… read, knitted and ate food… just enjoying not hearing 4 alarms screaming at me in the morning. Big winds and rain last night loved being warm inside listening to it all. Some damage to camp, my windbreaker has seen its last days. On the move now to another county on the coast.

Have a good sober day :green_heart:

18 Likes

Thank you, you are always so thoughtful for others here. Much appreciated. The therapist is on vacation, so we have to wait a bit. But knowing we made some action gives peace in mind.

1 Like

Did you open up to your doctor about it who prescibed the Antabuse?
Ps welcome here!

1 Like

A magnesium supplement helps with that!!

1 Like

15 Likes

Yes, it’s normal. I found the first 3 months the most difficult to get trough. But even after that I had difficult days and I still do.
Recovery is work in progress, always. Almost like a relationship is. But it’s gets easier that I promiss :hugs:

4 Likes

Being an addict is hard to admit, accepting that you can’t just enjoy alcohol like everyone else is a hard one to admit…
So we as addicts try everything possible to be able to carry on using our DOC.

Addiction doesn’t happen over night… What once was a socially acceptable thing becomes your go to everynight/day.

So we try everything we can as labelling yourself an addict isn’t easy, nor is it easy to accept…

• ill only drink 2 cans a night
  • ill get to the weekend and then I can drink
  • it’s only one before breakfast no big deal
  • hard day at work, i think a nice cold one is in order…
  • shit day, im gonna crack open a cold one

Over the years everyone will have tried everything as long as they don’t declare their addicts… All of us Will have tried moderation… Using it as a reward at end of a long week…
Recovery doesn’t come over night, there will be a fair few moments where alcohol has been your go to on coping…

I admire that you are trying, it’s time to learn new coping ways x

Take care x

18 Likes

Morning! Just checking in from Wales. Went for a quick run and hated every minute :joy: Having a coffee and listening to the surf now. Have a good day all

13 Likes

Thank you so much! I remember your avatar from my first soberiety pre aa attempt about 1.5 years ago! Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for the article! Bookmarked it

1 Like
  1. Coffee. Busy free Friday for me. Going to Rijksmuseum for the first time since the I don’t know how manieth lockdown (sorry @apes2020 April). Got a spinning class lined up after that. Have a new/used coat/hat rack I’m going to attach to the wall. And lots of Olympics to watch. And a meal to cook. And some meditating to do (thanks @siand). And be in bed in time before my new work week starts.
    I’m so happy and grateful this day doesn’t involve stupidly hanging out in the bar and drinking till wasted. So grateful I don’t do that no more. Life is so much better without it. I’m sober and clean and that’s the way I want to be. Have a great Friday all, or at least as good one as you all can. Make it clean and sober because that’s why we are all here. One day at a time. Love from Amsterdam.
23 Likes